Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

help i'm needing motivation

blondeiangel
blondeiangel
United States
2012/02/04, 07:19 PM
i'm needing some help now with keeping motivated..ok i did the twist crunches and the leg raises that are in the exercise thing on here and i'm feeling the burn and i'm needing some extra motivation cause i feel my lazy side wanting to take over now and i don't want that to happen :(
kolhy
kolhy
Canada
2012/02/04, 08:57 PM (Edited: kolhy - 2012/02/04, 08:58 PM)
Your story is not unique. A quick stroll through the forums and you’ll see posts much like yours in the dozens.

So you have to ask yourself...
What are YOU going to do that everyone else is NOT doing? What’s going to make YOU so special to accomplish your goal while hundreds (millions really) have failed before you?

I don’t need to tell you… if it were easy or if the solution was to be found in a pill EVERYONE would be fit & healthy.

Answer? Hard work.
But...arghhhhh the lazy thing!! Yes. That’ll be difficult to overcome. Seems to be an epidemic of that as well!!

OK. That was my way to shake you up. No insult intended. I would love to see you accomplish your goal while inspiring others on this site. Just love to see it! Do it!!

My tips?

1. Get a really good reason to do this. Better be a good one because it’ll have to fuel you through your lazy bouts (we all have them!) I’d recommend getting a reason that makes you MAD! Or… get MAD about the reason you have. Keep yourself focused on this and use it to push yourself beyond your comfort zone. Know that you’ll be WAY ahead of everyone else with just this.

2. Be serious during your training time. Don’t be a joke. Think and behave the same way you would if you were on your job. There’s no room for phone calls, texts, socializing or flipping through play lists. Want proof? Take a look at who is poo pooing their way around the gym and who is serious at work!

3. Find someone to train with that is more committed, stronger, better than you. Make this your mission. This is magic. Your surest…fastest way of accomplishing what you want.

4. Keep doing it. Even when you can’t see results. Keep doing it. Think of every workout as an investment. Put that workout in the bank. Put as many as you can in the bank! It’ll repay you…but maybe not quite now. Maybe not next week. Maybe not even next month. Could you see yourself putting all the hard work and effort in and not realizing the benefits until months later? This is a key question for you. The answer will put you in one of two groups. Recall… your situation is not unique. Are you ready to separate yourself from everyone else?

I like Heraldstorms rant on this. You can read it at:

http://www.freetrainers.com/forums/t/28098/?state=c3RhdGUocGFnZSA9IDYp#

All the best to you Blondeiangel :)
Let us know how things are going!
blondeiangel
blondeiangel
United States
2012/02/04, 09:25 PM
thank you so much you really helped :) and  i'm super determined to get rid of this 30 or 40 pounds i plan on losing but i still get those lazy moments but i pushed through the last one i had and made myself keep going so i'm gonna stick to doing that everytime i feel like i'm gonna have a lazy moment but of course i'm still gonna take breaks to cool down when i need them and stuff and i've already somehow lost 2 pounds and this is my 3rd day of exercising and eating healthier (like fruits and veggies instead of sugary foods and junk food like any other 18 year old college student would eat) and i've been drinking A LOT more water than i normally would and i already feel more energized and things like that :D so i'm starting off good and plan on keeping it this way :D

thank you so much for your help in motivating me :D
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2012/02/05, 05:29 PM
Nicely said ioris. Of course we are all here to help you, but the true motivation comes Fromm within yourself. Just look at your response and all the positive things that you have done already: more energized, changed from junk to fruit, given yourself more water and lost 2lbs. You did this hun, that's something no one can do, but you. You're doing fantastic! Remember, all these small victories turn into a great big one in the end. Congrats.
blondeiangel
blondeiangel
United States
2012/02/05, 07:50 PM
thank you and yea i wasn't looking at all the positives and i need to do that more often and today is my 4th day of doing this and i feel really good alreay (except for of course the sore ness my abs now have hahaha) but i'm kinda embracing the pain knowing it'll go away in time i just have to keep myself motivated :D and going like i am now even after i reach my goals  and i'm also not drinking sodas and sweet tea like i normally would and i've changed that to drinking water instead and i get more sleep and i've been waking up on my own at 9 when i go to bed at 12 so my sleep schedule is getting better cause before i would stay up till 12 and not be up until 12 or 1 in the afternoon and i havent been doing that lately so i feel like i get more out of my day instead of sleeping most of it away like i normally would :D i'm changing myself for the better cause today is super bowl day and everything and when i was offered soda and tea to drink i said i wanted water instead and just by that choice i felt better and i didn't eat a whole lot like i normally would on super bowl day i've been realizing where my limit is and not eating until i'm miserable like i was before and i feel so much better now that i do :D

thank you so much for supporting me and helping me :D
-Peyton-
blondeiangel
blondeiangel
United States
2012/02/05, 07:51 PM
oh and the link you gave me ioris was great and gave me the motivation i needed
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2012/02/06, 10:59 AM
Peyton, that is great ! Also just to add some flavor to your water, because I know add well as others it can be a bit dull at tims. Cyrstal light had some great flavor packets you can add to your water for variety. If you like tea, the have a great raspberry tea or peach green tea flavors. These have been great for me during cycling or jogs. You dobt have to cut out things instantly, but only modify what you choose to eat. Again, you're doing great.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2012/02/06, 11:01 AM
Please forgive my typos, grrrrr. I only have access through my phone and I don't catch them that well. Keep pressing on!
blondeiangel
blondeiangel
United States
2012/02/06, 09:50 PM
its ok haha..and i just prefer to drink just water i don't care much for the packet things anymore..and i feel bad today cause i'm not able to workout cause i'm not at home i'm at a friends so i can get to class tomorrow and i shared an iced coffee drink with two of my friends while we were at the mall but i did do good when we went to eat chinese food at lunch and i was the only one that was drinking water and at dinner i had sweet tea with my spaghetti and garlic bread and i feel bad cause i'm not able to work out or do anything to burn off these extra calories or carbs or whatever they are but i suppose i'll live cause i'll be home tomorrow night and i can workout then :) so i'll catch back up