Group: Daily / Weekly Weigh-In .. ACCOUNTABILITY

Created: 2012/01/26, Members: 722, Messages: 716

Official FreeTrainers Community weigh-in to stay on track .. plus weight loss challenges!

Join group

CHALLENGE GROUP: Losing 50lbs or more

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
antonia12
antonia12
Trinidad And Tobago
2012/09/20, 12:13 PM
Hello, my name is Antonia, i am 377lbs to date and my goal is to loss 180lbs i was never a slim person so i want to know what it feels like being slim i will be needing all the help in the world to do this presently i am in a challenge weight loss management program with herbalife when i started with them i weight 395lbs and loss 20lbs in 11weeks so i guess it was not bad is a start but the challenge has one week to go so i am worried i saw this so i decided to try it so i think i will get the help with you guys
antonia12
antonia12
Trinidad And Tobago
2012/09/20, 12:27 PM
Estewart419
Hi My name is Ebonie and I've been overweight my whole life. I decided it was time to get it together. I want to be sexy for my dirty thirty! I want to lose 80 lbs. I actually already lost 9 so 71 to go. I love zumba but its not fitting into my new schedule.  I am doing C25K currently but need to add something else to my workout not sure what though. I am hoping to meet some supportive people and get help with my workout regimine.

---
Misspanda
Misspanda
Australia
2012/09/23, 05:34 AM
Hey guys,

So this is week 2 of my diet plan and this is how it's gone

Today is Sunday.
Height = 165cms
Age = 21
Female.

Starting Weight = 93kgs/ 204.6 lbs

Todays Weight = 90.5 kgs/ 199.1 lbs

Total weightloss of = 2.5kgs/ 5.5 lbs

Weightloss to go = 35.5 kg/ 78.1 lbs

Goal weight = 55kgs/ 121 pounds

My high point for the week was finding an awesome bulk market that sells fresh veggies in bulk. So i've been able to keep at a $60 per week budget which is amazing.

My low point was my BF teasing me with pizza and chocolate. I didn't give in but it was annoying.

I'll keep posting my new weight each week so good luck everyone!.
earlywins
earlywins
United States
2012/09/25, 08:58 PM
My name is Nick. I am 19 years old and weigh 300 pounds. For most of my life i have been overweight. 2 years ago i weighed 240 pounds. I was  overweight but felt a lot better about myself then I do now. My mother passed away my junior year in high school. This caused me to become depressed and the weight gain started pretty quickly. The depression has for the most part gone away. Now it is time to start losing this weight. My goal is to get down to 200 pounds. Once i reach that weight I am going to enlist in the Army. This is the most motivated i have been since i can remember. I joined a gym today for the first time. I can't wait to lose these pounds!
wanna_train867
wanna_train867
New Zealand
2012/09/27, 12:05 AM
Hi everyone, I'm maraea. I'm 20, a student and live in NZ. I'm planning to lose 30kgs (which is about 66 pounds) over the next six months.
I've always been little, but due to a bad self image never really believed it until now when I look back on old photos. What worries me the most is how unhealthy I feel. Lathargic; grumpy; bored; lazy. It's horrible! I'm only 20 years old but my body feels as if it was 50.
The bigges problems, I find, are that I love food and get de-motivated really quickly. I make a lot of plans, but sticking to it is the hardest. My 21st birthday is coming up, which is when I would love to be able to feel like myself again. So I keep reminding myself of what I want and what I need to do to get it :)
I hope this website can help me keep track of everything and motivate me enough to see my goal to the end :)
Thanks
msstevens
msstevens
United States
2012/11/28, 12:28 PM
Hello. I'm Stefanie. I am trying to lose about 50lbs. I know it will take time and motivation. Motivation seems to be the part I'm missing. I have tried several times to lose weight. I used to go to the gym with a friend for about a yr and a half but quit losing weight after about 3 months. She then moved so I lost my motivation to go alone. If you have any suggestions on good exercises I could use, please feel free to let me know. 

Thanks.
trishawood
trishawood
United States
2012/12/02, 12:43 PM
I am a 40 yr old women and I am wanting to loss 50 lbs due to the fact that I am the heaviest I have ever been. I am not a very high montivater on doing exercises and I want to get into one.. I have had back surgery so what are some good exersices for that.  I see my girlfriend and she is so tall and sinny and i get embarres because of my weight,,, She is my insteration but I need someone to help me and make me get up and do something about it other then talk about it then go and binge eat as I always do,, I am tired of tring all these diet pills I want to get it off and keep it off by a workout I can do
kbschwartz
kbschwartz
United States
2012/12/11, 03:07 PM
Hello all, my name is Keri.  I am among the lucky bunch of us with a fairly LARGE amount of weight to lose.  I was able to lose 50 lbs from Jan to June of last year, then got cocky, let my habits slide, and gained it all back (plus some).  I can't honestly saw how much I need to lose right now because I am deathly afraid of a scale at the moment, but I would be willing to guess it is close to 100 lbs.  I am really loving this site, I think it will help with accountability.  Here goes, Day 1 of the rest of my life!
jeliasek
jeliasek
United States
2013/01/04, 01:35 PM
Hi...Jim here. I have gained and lost enough weight in my 49 years to make another family. Last year I had a blood pressure scare...260/184. Cardiologist put me on BP meds. Told me I could get off meds with weight loss. Year 1...60 #'s lost after 9 months. Then the train went off the tracks plus 25#'s. It is time to finish something I started. Focus for me on simple cardio and eating well. I wanna do it this time. I have 50 days till I go back to cardiologist. I wanna show huge improvement for that visit and maybe get off the meds!
jeliasek
jeliasek
United States
2013/01/04, 01:54 PM
crushedgoddess
Joined a gym have gone for the past three days, I must admit the movement on the scale was disappointing. but gotta stick with it.

---Didn't get here in three days... when it moves you will be amazed. Keep going!
jkgirl
jkgirl
United States
2013/01/22, 07:14 PM (Edited: jkgirl - 2013/01/22, 07:23 PM)
Hello! My name is Jessica. About 5 years ago I finally lost all the baby weight I gained with my two boys. 65lbs! I only needed to lose 15 more to be at my goal... never made it. I gained 30 back over the last two years. I found out my thyroid was not working & had to have one side removed because of a lump in August. My levels are now at a good place & I am hoping with better exercise & eating habbits I can lose 58 lbs to get to my goal of 130. So far I have lost 2. Wish it was more but figure something is better than nothing!
stephanieordway
stephanieordway
United States
2013/01/30, 12:29 PM
hi my name is stephanie. my goal is to loose 50lbs to get back to the weight i gained from having my 2 children. im on day 3 of working toward the new me and im pretty sore but im not giving up:)
im pretty new so any tips would be appreciated:)
snoho07
snoho07
United States
2013/02/07, 10:33 PM (Edited: snoho07 - 2013/02/07, 10:34 PM)
I'm Crystal. I have two goals. My weightloss goal is to loose 50 to 75 pounds by June 1st. My other goal has to do with dropping a few dress sizes. I'm currently a size 18 and would like to be a size 8. My biggest obsticals are time and my tummy. I'd really love to loose the tummy if nothing else. I don't have a workout buddy at the moment. All of my friends who say they'd go to the gym with me got a couple times and then flake out on me so I'm doing this on my own. I am currently attending a swimming aquecises class twice a week and doing an hour of yoga at home every day.
sk_lopez
sk_lopez
United States
2013/02/14, 11:40 PM
Hello everyone, My name is Sara. I am new to both the site and this group. I will be starting my first day back in a gym after about a year on Saturday. I am hoping to lose at least 40 pounds by July, I am headed to Hawaii, so if any one has any input on how to rev up my weight loss I am open to ideas.I hope this site will help keep me on track and onto my goal!
lilygurl020209
lilygurl020209
Canada
2013/02/28, 10:23 AM
Hello
My name is Melissa, I am 26 years old and am a mommy of two. My goal is to lose anywhere from 50-70 lbs and would just like to feel healthier. I have always been a little over weight but most of the weight I gained after having both my kids I was 152 after I had my first child in 05 and gained 60 lbs before I had my second child in 09 then gained another 40 after my second child. In 2011 I started a weight loss journey which I was doing so good with. I lost 50 lbs in 10 months was looking good feeling good and felt like nothing could bring me down. Now I don't know if I was over doing it or not but I ended up injuring my leg and foot which kept me out of the game for a while. I felt really bad after all that hard work and determination I had, now it was all going to waste I fell back into my old ways again. I have gained 20 lbs back again and am now finding it very hard to get back to that same me that had drive and motivation and will power. I feel like I'm almost supposed to be this way because I guess I am overweight and it is taking it's toll on my feet and legs and back so when I do go and workout I feel immense pain but I have always had problems with my knees and legs since I was a child but after a workout It hurts so much to just walk. Yes I did have this pain before but it was never this bad and I used to be able to push through it but now it stops me dead in my tracks. I'm stuck in a rut and I don't know how to pull myself out of it without hurting my self. I'm hoping this group will help me find my motivation and determination I left behind.
Boevec
Boevec
United States
2013/03/02, 05:51 PM (Edited: Boevec - 2013/03/02, 05:54 PM)
Hello, my name is cole. I am an aspiring firefighter. I have been in ems for some time, but have decided to chase and realize my dream to become a professional firefighter. I hope to lose 80lbs. Years of yoyo dieting and exercise (I can certainly say I have given Oprah a run for her money... ;) I have decided no more excuses. I need to be a better role model for my young family, and need to make better choices so I can be around to meet their young family. Best wishes to everyone in their fitness endeavors, there will be good and bad days, so remember to hang in there! Cheers!
kelsi722
kelsi722
United States
2013/03/11, 06:17 PM (Edited: kelsi722 - 2013/03/11, 06:18 PM)
Hi,
I'm Cathy, also new to the site.  I have just started a get healthy program for myself, I quit smoking in January and joined a gym 2 weeks ago and have been going 5 days a week.  I am really enjoying going, I have way more energy but am finding that the scale is not moving like I thought it would.  I'm hoping to see that change quickly.  I have a 70 lbs that  want to take off to get down to 150.
lilygurl020209
lilygurl020209
Canada
2013/03/12, 12:29 AM (Edited: lilygurl020209 - 2013/03/12, 12:30 AM)
kelsi722
Hi,
I'm Cathy, also new to the site.  I have just started a get healthy program for myself, I quit smoking in January and joined a gym 2 weeks ago and have been going 5 days a week.  I am really enjoying going, I have way more energy but am finding that the scale is not moving like I thought it would.  I'm hoping to see that change quickly.  I have a 70 lbs that  want to take off to get down to 150.

Try not to focus on the scale as much because I know it can be pretty disappointing in the beginning give your body some time to adjust to all the new wonderful things. Some people will notice a change right away but most won't notice a change until maybe 3 or even 4 months time. Most will tell you to forget the scale for the first six months but I understand that is like buying a new pair of jeans and not wearing them. Don't be so hard on yourself trust me the change will come sooner than later :) good luck on your weight loss journey
---
lilygurl020209
lilygurl020209
Canada
2013/03/12, 12:33 AM
lilygurl020209
kelsi722
Hi,
Also maybe measuring your waist line, hips and bust might help because the scale may be telling you you are not losing anything but what you are losing you are probably gaining in muscle which is heavier than fat. Measure yourself maybe once every two weeks I can guarantee you will then see the difference :)

Try not to focus on the scale as much because I know it can be pretty disappointing in the beginning give your body some time to adjust to all the new wonderful things. Some people will notice a change right away but most won't notice a change until maybe 3 or even 4 months time. Most will tell you to forget the scale for the first six months but I understand that is like buying a new pair of jeans and not wearing them. Don't be so hard on yourself trust me the change will come sooner than later :) good luck on your weight loss journey
---

---
loulou55
loulou55
Canada
2013/03/18, 07:38 AM (Edited: loulou55 - 2013/03/18, 07:39 AM)
hi  my name is Lucille Im New Here Need Encouraging to lose weight i've been in Tops over 2 years now i lost 30 lbs  but since January been having a real hard time losing  i loss i gain i stay the same .  need some tips i would like to lose 60lbs at least
rep.the.king
rep.the.king
United States
2013/03/30, 10:42 AM
Hey I'm john I was 240 so far lost 20.lb But slaking a lil need that motivation so I just join :) my goal is to get to 175 in 6 months ....from 225. Wish me the best
rachelsims610
rachelsims610
United States
2014/01/21, 12:36 AM
Hi, I'm Rachel. I am looking to lose 50-60lbs. My scale battery died but I would guess I weigh about 180. I'll get a new one for the weigh ins. I have 5 kids and I've done really well with losing the weight between them. Within the last 2 years I had two miscarriages that caused alot of emotional eating, and then a baby that came with another 30lbs of weight gain. I have never been this heavy. I turn 35 this year and that has me really motivated to get down to around 130 or 135. My baby is 5 months old now, so its time to kick it into high gear. My sister and I are working out and emailing each other to stay accountable. Hopefully that works out for us. I want to start running as well. We're moving in just about 2 months and I want to run every day until we move.
Brooke_in_WI
Brooke_in_WI
United States
2014/02/07, 02:49 PM
Hello!  I'm Brooke.  Definitely looking at more than 50 pounds to goal weight.  I've been taking Tae Kwon Do lessons, and need to get stronger (and leaner) in order to enjoy doing some of the newer skills.  Looking forward to seeing progress with you!  :)
mandalee387
mandalee387
United States
2015/01/26, 09:06 AM
Ok so Ive done this before but I am starting over AGAIN with the hopes of truley changing my lifestyle and eating habits.. This is also a spiritual journey for me. Im starting over today...again. Im trying not to be down on myself about that but I feel kinda like a failure with this. Hopefully being disappointed with myself will fuel my fire for at least a month. Im 249lbs and my goal is to lose around 100 pounds but Im gonna start with 50 and adjust with smaller goals as needed so I don't get frustrated with myself.

My meal plan is as follows:

Meal 1
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1/2 a banana
4egg whites

Meal 2
1/2 cup brown rice
Carrots and brocoli
4oz chicken breast
low sodium soy sauce

Meal 3
Romain lettuce
2 oz cheese
4 oz chicken breast
2 tblsp Salsa

Meal 4
3 oz tuna
half a sweet potato

Meal 5
ground sirloin
whole wheat Wrap
Raw Spinach
3 prunes

Meal 6
Greek yougurt
Protien Powder
8 raw almonds

Work out plans

Arms
3x20 each exercise
Lat pull down
Row Machine
Chest Press machine
Shoulder Press Machine
Lateral raise
bicep curl Machine
Tricep Machine

Legs
4x20 bodyweight squats
4x30 Leg press Machine
4x15 stationary Lunges
4x20 hamstring curl machine
4x20 leg extension
4x20 glute machine
6x20 on each side 1 leg leg press

Cardio
2x Week do step mill 45 min
1x/week elliptical Hill Program 45 min
2X Week Fun Activities

2x week fun activities
Rapunzarella
Rapunzarella
United States
2015/04/10, 12:30 PM
I'm Constance aka rapunzarella. I want to lose about 50 lbs. I'm about 185 now and the heaviest I've ever been without being pregnant. I'm a mother of 4 with 3 of them under 3yrs making it not as easy to workout. Not impossible just more difficult. I'm a stay at home mom so going to the gym isn't really an option economically but there are plenty home and body weight exercises that can get me where I want to be. I'm a motivator who can motivate myself. I need an ass kicker, anybody out there?
vs69669
vs69669
India
2015/08/10, 02:41 AM
hey mate I’m veron from india I’m overweight I
just join gym I do 20 minutes run on
treadmill .then I start lifting weight .plz
tell me is my routine is good to lose 55 pounds
I’m confuse every one in the gym told
me lift light weight and do more cardio
plz tell me is lifting heavy weight make
me more overweight
vs69669
vs69669
India
2015/08/10, 02:43 AM
tell me is my routine is good to lose 30
KGS
me more overweight
Gatindiri1
Gatindiri1
United States
2015/08/29, 06:34 PM
My name is Jesse I'm trying to lose 50 lbs and avoid the freshman 15. Luckily the college I go to has a decent gym and so this is where the fight starts. I'd like to be healthy all of my life and I figure now is a really good time to start. I'm typically pretty motivated but I am human so I do get sidetracked on occassion. Here goes nothing.
Gatindiri1
Gatindiri1
United States
2015/08/29, 06:39 PM
vs69669
tell me is my routine is good to lose 30
KGS
me more overweight

--- If you're trying to lose weight lift less weight but do more reps. For example instead of bench pressing 100 kg for 5 reps 5 sets, bench press 70 kg 10 reps for 5 sets. Then maybe run 30 minutes on the treadmill and lift for 1 hour.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages