Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

JulesC
JulesC
Canada
2003/01/02, 06:21 PM
I have recently applied to the military and have to complete a physical in approx 2 weeks. I am in decent shape and have always been an active person. My friend and I started weight training about 5 weeks ago. Now that I have told you my life story my questions are. 1. I have to be able to do three chin-ups and I can barely do one how can I build this up quickly?? 2. I also have be able to do maximum amount of sit ups in 60 seconds. I have no problem with sit ups but I always have some sort of weight on my feet (I am not allowed any weight for the test) any tips on how to do them without? Thank you for any input you have to help out a struggling beginner.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/02, 06:33 PM
Chins are a very demanding exercise. I do them religiously. One good way to build up to more is if you have a weight belt with the chain, as most gyms do, hang a bit of weight around you and do them with a spot. Now I know you won't be able to do them, but the point is, with the added weight for resistance, when you go back and take the weight off and do them without the weight in a few sessions, you will find your strength has increased, and without weight will seem like a piece of cake. Situps should always be done bent kneed anyway, feet flat on the floor, should be no problem there.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!