Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

check this out...

lhrn
lhrn
Canada
2002/11/15, 07:50 AM
Hi,
I am new in workout and looking for a good suppliment to gain some muscles......
Can you guys pls give me an opinion about the following suppliment.
Here is the link:
http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.asp?id=350493
You will find the nutrition values at the bottom of the page.
In short..It has

Total Carbohydrates 444g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugars 144g
Protein 72g

per serving. I am 25 and 5 ft 6, 125lb. Since it has all kinds of thing that I need after workout, do you guys recommend it for me! You can also compare is with Whey Protein from the following link:

http://www.gnc.com/productDetails.asp?id=350495

Would you recommend it for me?
I really need your advice on this..........
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/11/15, 08:20 AM
lhrn - I didn't look at the link but from the breakdown my guess is it's a weight gainer. From your body size, this might add pounds to you but if I was wanting to get fat really fast, this would definitely do it. There's a ton of suggestons that folks can make but judging from you what you've posted so far, I'd suggest you browse through the forums that interest you and build yourself a good foundation of information. There are literally thousands of good posts about what you're asking. bb1fit pretty much summed up what you need to do in his last post. One of the best things (if not THE best thing) that you can do is have a plan and fine tune it as you go along. Your goals are obtainable but it takes patience, effort and a sound diet - not necessarily in that order. This post wasn't meant as a lecture but I just wanted to point out that there's no quick and easy powder-out-of-a-box way that you're going to put quality weight on and get past 125lbs but I guess I got off on a rant. :)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/15, 10:10 AM
Without even looking at the link....think about this. 144 gms. of sugar in one serving??? You know 12 gr. of sugar is equal to 1 tbsp. of pure white sugar. Is this really what you want? You will see the scale go up no doubt, but I don't think it will be with weight you like.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/15, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't go near the stuff either, With a sound diet and a good whey and creatine supplement you will do fine.
Like Mike said, check out some of the other posts look in the diet area.
Good luck

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!

Ivan