Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Diet and exercise

zh59ywgf8b
zh59ywgf8b
United States
2011/03/28, 10:27 PM
Hello. I just literally joined this site 5 minutes ago... To get started I should give some info. I am 18 yrs old /female and I'm a size 4... It could go up depending on the brand.

Anyway- I've been going to the gym everyday for the past 3 weeks for 3 hrs but I have been told tht it's too much and that I won't be losing any weight by doing cardio for 2 hrs nd weightsfor 1 hr. Also I've been told to add protein to my diet but I am just so confused!
I need an exercise plan nd diet tips on how to lose weight but also build muscle (abs,the v, get rid of love handles, and skinnier legs).. Help plsss!!! I just don't really know what kind of exercises to do wen I go to the gym or what I should eat throughout the day. Heeelppp mee (:
Dajael
Dajael
United States
2011/03/30, 08:00 PM
All us newbies will have to help each other, all the old guard is gone. for about a year.

also, your workout very well might kill you. You definitely should not be working out 3 hours a day every day. you NEED rest. you are over-training. without rest, your body cannot recover lost energy and strength. have you set up a workout program here yet? they have some good ones. try working out with weights first then cardio.

diet tips are: don't "diet"! a lifestyle change that you can live with for the long term is the way to go. simple things first, try to avoid sweets, and sodas and such. more whole grains and legumes and fresh fruit and veggies. I'm a vegetarian myself, but its not for everyone. just avoid high amounts of animal fats, and replace with nuts and avocados and such.
Keep at it, and dona give up.

--------------
If anyone needs me I\\'ll be in my room eating frosting-I mean doing situps!