Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

PERSONAL TRAINING QUESTION

workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2011/01/05, 10:26 AM
B-4 I EVEN SIGN UP......how much personal training does one need? I can sign up for a 4 mth plan, 6 mth or 12 - of course the suggest 12.....best deal ha - but then it runs $40 for the 1/2 hour session - or $240 for the month - yet have to do 12 months to get that rate...question - (which would be 2 lessons a week) do I really need it for that long? I'd like to try it out but not sure if this is a good program for everyone...I'm 52...ha
powertotrain
powertotrain
United States
2011/01/23, 08:06 PM
I think you should consider signing up for personal training if you have problems with getting motivated to go to the gym and workout. If you make it there easy on your own but you are looking for more direction there are online sources that are considerably cheaper than signing up for a personal trainer.

--------------
Scott Edson

My credentials: I have my masters in exercise science, worked in division I strength and conditioning, owned my own gym in suburban chicago, and now run a fitness website at

www.powertotrain.com
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2011/01/28, 05:05 PM
Hey glad someone responded. I have worked out on and off for years. But I work a 7-4 job on the old rump (buyer) so after years of being in that capacity of job my legs suck as far as doing hip stuff and my cardio.........not so great either (not a runner but I know running burns off the fat). So really wanting to put together some good routines to tone it up and get the heart muscle in better shape :o) which will get the rest of me in...better shape for riding this summer. (I know spinning but I about die in spinning) so yeah either figuring out some online sources or....putting out some bucks for training. I had two free sessions - and really felt like I had a great workout with someone pushing you thru legs for example or just shoulders. They want you to hit a specific area per gym trip - so trying to figure what is best to get my results for my AGE! UG :(