Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Hurt my shoulders

ctcrystalcat
ctcrystalcat
United States
2010/04/28, 11:44 AM
I had Tennis elbow and week 3 after a shot it is completely healed.

Walked right into a shoulder injury though. I believe it is because we worked shoulders on tues followed with chest on wed. Not good. This is when the shoulder pain started. Also went to a new weight on incline barbell bench press. ya I did it with a spotter but that is part of the problem too. I think it was to heavy for me. It took all my arm strength and I never even had a sore chest. Bad form all the way im sure. here is what I did. I should of been sore in the chest area if it was good form.

Barbell Incline Bench press
10 - 65lb
10 - 75lb
8 - 85lb
6 - 95lb
Dumbell Flat Bench Press
10 - 25's
10 - 35's
8 - 45's
6 - 45's

Doing shoulders last night I thought the left arm would jsut give out if i went down to far. Then the pain would jsut set in for a min. after each set. this was dumbell presses. The right shoulder hurts a bit too but in a different way. wht! I am in the 7th week of the 8week program.. Im very sad. I will start rice theropy and take it easy. Back day today so that will be fine.

I will keep this updated for those of you who might read it in curiosity of what other have done for the shoulders. I love reading what all of you have done and what others have to say.
This website rocks!!

Train carefully and with good form it will help avoid injury.
I know this, but let lifting heavy get in my way. I'm Learing quick it only sets you back.

Any input would help!!
Thanks CAT
blue77
blue77
United States
2010/08/04, 01:04 AM
Its not like you dident warm up,you might have tendonitis in the joints.do you do your rotator cuff workouts too,how old are you any way,try swimming for awhile to loosen up the muscles and joints.And dont do anything that hurts the shoulder mechanism till it heals.
2010/08/05, 05:46 AM
Look up Disel Crews rotator cuff warm up and rehab exercises/circuits on youtube.

If you have persistent tendinitis, you may want to explore a cissus supplement.
ctcrystalcat
ctcrystalcat
United States
2010/09/02, 08:31 AM
here is an update and thought i would ask you guys a few more questions.

I will be 39 this year, shoulder is all healed, no problems with it since june. Im sure it had time to heal with the lower weight I had to use for awhile.

I think I have tendoitis of the joints. Im back now with having tenis elbow along with some type of bicep tendonitis in the left arm (same arm as before). Im trying a new supplement i found on line called Zymosine. I am also doing all rehab exercises for both conditions.
Just wondering if either of you have heard about this Zymosine??
I have no pain at all in my shoulders, the doctor that looked at my arm said bicep tendonitis as well as tennis elbow. Im comfused as to all the info i find on bicep tendonitis as it says the pain is in the shoulder?? I have none what so ever.
the pain is from the very inside of the arm where it bends at the elbow and just an inch above that right at the bottom part of the bicep, then as i move the arm toward my head (like eating or drinking) the bottom of the bicep hurts and it wraps around to the outer part of the elbow where the pain is in the middle dead center (not the bone that hurts with tennis elbow)

Does this sound like anything you have heard of before?

Thanks
blue77
blue77
United States
2010/11/13, 10:16 PM
ctcrystalcat I more then bet you Doc is right on this,you probably hyper extended your arm by going all the way down on your preacher curls and others.iem glad your shoulder healed just work threw the pain dont let anything stop your training.I havent tries teh zymosine never heard of it I take sharkcartilage and glucosamine.