Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Success at last!

GaBabyDoll
GaBabyDoll
United States
2010/04/26, 01:05 PM
So, I completed my 8 week fitness plan for beginners this past Friday. Started in Feb, weighed 160 lbs. Today, I am 141....Still have oh, around 3 to 4 lbs to go and I will be good. I lost around 11 inches total. With the help of the 12 week abs program and the weight program, I have gone from a 35" waist and 38" hips to a 31" waist to 34" hips. Im SMOKIN! Belly is flat and toned, thank GOSH I dont have THAT to carry around with me now. I signed up for a new weight program under the Intermediate choice and have begun that today. I feel SO GOOD! Foods I had eaten before this are revolting to me now, such as fast food, greasy cooked things and I even stopped drinking ice tea, something I never thought I would do.

I was a size 14, Im in a sz 6 now, not really wanting to go any smaller than that, so three lbs should make a 6 still look good without being too loose. Lost all of that in 2 months

42 and lookin as good as I did when I was 25! My Husband has always been a happy camper with me no matter what size I was, but now that I have found the Gal I was when we met 12 years ago, Im the happy camper now....:big_smile:

Of course it wasnt always easy to keep with the program. I run a business from home,(In home daycare) but even so, my job calls for me to have kids here until 10pm at times, so there were trying days when I would want to not work out because of the late hours I am needed many days of the week.

A strong mind and determination are what I possess and that is what helped me to carry on even on the worst of days. Many days I would be so tired I wouldnt know how I would find the strength to work out, but my Husband would tell me how proud he was of me and how the qualities I have is why he loves me so much, and thats all it took to give me that last bit of energy to go through with the workout. Afterwards, I was able to say I kept to my convictions and priorities.

Maybe I will post pictures when I get the last three lbs off.

--------------
NO ONE can make you feel inferior without your consent....
Elanor Roosevelt
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2010/04/26, 03:42 PM
CONGRATS!!!!

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/04/26, 04:18 PM
Congratulations. Nice to see you are enjoying the rewards of hard work and a healthy life style. You are an inspiration to many!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
GaBabyDoll
GaBabyDoll
United States
2010/04/28, 01:29 PM
I now know what people mean when they say that it has to become a way of life if you are to keep in the shape worked so hard for.

When a person is young, they have the metabolism and get up and go to not have to worry about what a lot of us does. Of course their get up and go comes from getting to "play" but then life kicks ya bootay and you have to earn your living....this is when things begin to change and when many have to rely on workout routines to replace that play that was once there but is no longer available.

When I was young, up until I was in my early 30's, I never had to put much effort into staying fit............or so I thought. All the kind of work I done most of my life is what kept me in shape. Surely not sitting on my duff. LoL..If I could play volleyball every day or even just a few of the things I used to could do when I was young, I guess I would have never gotten "out" of shape. But being as I have to work for a living and have a multitude of other commitments that keep me from doing the activities all day, every day as I did back in the day, well, its being replaced by activity that I can fit in to a day.

Im LOVING the abs program! I now look as if I have never had a child.

I never did have the stretch marks that many women get with pregnancy, lucky me huh?....so I dont have THAT to worry about.

Lemme tell you Gals, you CAN loose that mid drift bulge, pudge, or whatever else you have. Im here to tell you it can be done. All you have to do is go get yourself a fitness plan here, a nutrition plan and sign up for the abs program too....and BE DEDICATED to it. I run a 24/7 daycare and I never know when I will get to close my doors and I still find the time to fit my workouts in NO MATTER how tired I am. Of course I am a very dedicated person with and to anything or anyone I do......uh, wait, that sounded crazy....Im committed and Im no talking to a mental facility LoL

Thanks guys! For your Congrats. :love:

--------------
NO ONE can make you feel inferior without your consent....
Elanor Roosevelt