Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

How muscles are formed?

England7
England7
Singapore
2002/07/20, 10:31 PM
Do any one know how muscles are formed. Are they formed from fats?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/21, 01:45 AM
Nope hypertrophy, or growing muscle fibres (I'll not talk about multiplying the fibres since that's often not the case).
When you weight train, you're actually hurting yourself since you're braking down and tearing apart your muscle fibres.
Okey those fibres get a little bit mad and they say "hmmm this bugger (YOU!) did this to me, now I just have to get stronger and bigger (the muscle) so it wont happen again!!!"
Well here it goes. Now it's just up to you to give your muscles the needed bricks (energy, proteins etc) to build with.

Your fat cells have absolutely nothing to do with it (except from giving you some energy...) That's the same reason that you'll never be able to transform muscles to fat if you stop weight training.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
England7
England7
Singapore
2002/07/21, 05:47 AM
thank you now i understand, the muscle breaks down and rebuild into a bigger and stronger muscle. Thank alot
Mathiau
Mathiau
Costa Rica
2002/07/21, 07:37 PM
yeppers

that is why u are often soar after a good work out :) it is your muslces telling u to let them recover! and give them a break!

--------------
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯The trouble with life is there’s no background music¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯God must love stupid people, he made so many of them¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯Life ain't short, your just dead for too frick'n dam long!`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸They know what is what, but they don't know what is what, they just strut,WTF!¸.·´¯)