Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

how can i figure out how many calories

daniejoe1
daniejoe1
United States
2009/07/21, 09:36 PM
hi im 19 and weigh 227 lbs, my family has a tradition on eating out 1 time a week and a sit down restraunt and i order light meals like salad and stuff but i dont know how to figure out how many calories im actualy taking in

--------------
its not how you look its how you feel about yourself
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/07/27, 01:06 PM
How active are you? A good rule of thumb for weight loss is 10-12 calories per pound of body weight, per day. This can of course be more depending on your activity.
2009/07/28, 04:58 PM
Most restaurants have nutritional information available, just ask. Some also give access to this information via their websites. Sometimes google can be helpful in the search.

I use a calorie counting website to help me along with the endeavor of keeping track of calorie intake.

Just a note with regard to restaurant salads, they are sometimes higher in calories than that hamburger and fries you may have been eying. These calories are not from the greens, but from the way the meats are prepared and the cheese, croutons, nuts, and dressings.

:big_smile:

--------------
madmama

It may be difficult but it is possible
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/07/28, 08:58 PM
I eat in restaurants 6 days a week lunch mon-fri, supper on fri and Breakfast on Sat. Stick to chicken breast with salad, if salmon is on the menu have that with salad, or a chicken brochette, ask for the dressing on the side, or even lean steaks, baked potato. If you go out for breakfast ask for poached eggs, no butter on the toast, and ask for fruit instead of meats.NO FRIED FOODS! Just eat smart, and you won't have to count calories.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)