Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Marathon training and losing BF

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2009/07/09, 09:57 AM
I'm training for a half-marathon in September. I've been running for a couple of months now, averaging between 10 and 25 miles per week.

Up to now I really haven't lost any weight but haven't tried as that much running requires some fuel to burn. I'm thinking that while I'm doing this much cardio anyway that I may as well try to shed some fat.

My body isn't very carb tolerant, when I go low carb I tend to trim down pretty quick. But running this much my boyd needs fuel and carbs are easy. I'm thinking that carb cycling would be in my best interest and the best way to trim down while not short changing performance.

I run short distances on MOn and Tues, long distance on Friday and a mid range distance light jog on Saturday. I'm thinking that M/T/S are regular carb days (100-150), Friday is a high carb day (200), and the rest are low carb (less than 50).

Assuming I eat at maintenance calories will I see any results over the next 2.5 months until the race? I still lift on my off days, btw.