Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

gained 8 lbs of muscle in 2 months...

dan_into
dan_into
United States
2009/06/20, 02:15 PM
I stopped worrying about time spent at the gym and focused on intensity spent at the gym. I stopped worrying about how much I could lift and started lifting lighter weights with perfect form. I stopped trying to spot-train muscle groups so much and spent more time on combination exercises like dead-lifts, bench presses, and squats. Now I'm starting to see actual results. Thanks FT!

--------------
-contentment is found when you are neither running from the past or chasing the future-
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/06/20, 07:31 PM
Imagine that! Congrats Dan, you should consider yourself to be a role model to other members on here that doubt those basic but important things you're doing!
jspiked
jspiked
United States
2009/06/21, 06:17 PM
I admit I worry about a lot of the wrong stuff some times!!!!

--------------
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot, and hang on.
~pres. Roosevelt
mendo707za
mendo707za
United States
2009/06/30, 03:27 AM

============
Quoting from dan_into:

I stopped worrying about time spent at the gym and focused on intensity spent at the gym. I stopped worrying about how much I could lift and started lifting lighter weights with perfect form. I stopped trying to spot-train muscle groups so much and spent more time on combination exercises like dead-lifts, bench presses, and squats. Now I'm starting to see actual results. Thanks FT!

=============
hey dan, you mind explaining your workout schedule and lifts for each day. i worry that i might do excercises that work out the same muscle 2 or more days in a row.