Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

What gimmicks did you fall for?

returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/05/11, 12:55 PM
I thought that it may be entertaining to share some of the fitness gimmicks that I fell for before I opened my eyes to the realities of physical fitness. I had been overweight my entire life, so when these "easy" or "miracle" solutions were presented to me I jumped on them. I will wholeheartedly admit that some of these gimmicks were a lot more enticing than simply trying to control my diet and exercise properly. So here is my list of past failed gimmicks(hopefully) for your amusement!
-Stacker 2 pills: Lost weight, but it came back because of my lack of proper diet and exercise.
-Fat trapper pills(supposedly don't allow fat to be absorbed therefor you lose tons of weight) Um...too many calories still makes you gain weight. The only thing I got from these was the runs.
-Ab Videos: Just do this video 5 days a week and you'll have great abs! I like most disregarded the suggestion of a healthy reduced calorie diet(which is how you make your abs show to begin with!)
-Muscle magazine miracle workouts: I wholly bought into the muscle mag miracle workouts. I thought that just by completing the workout that I'd get big and ripped just like they promised. They don't mention however that to really do both without the assistance of banned substances is nearly impossible(I'm talking in big strides).
-The ab Zapper!: Perhaps the most embarrassing of all! This is a belt that had 4 electro-shock pads that "stimulate" your abs. So all you have to do is lay there! No sit-ups, just put the lube on your skin and let the belt do your exercise for you! Did I mention the electro-shock pads? Again, another easy way out that never panned out for me.
With all the crap advertising thrown at us, it makes it really tough to be new and not make these types of mistakes. That's why I'm glad to be part of this site, so I can help others to not be like I was. So now I've shared, do any of you out there have similar experiences?
rmeta
rmeta
United States
2009/05/11, 01:08 PM

============
Quoting from returnofplex:

I thought that it may be entertaining to share some of the fitness gimmicks that I fell for before I opened my eyes to the realities of physical fitness. I had been overweight my entire life, so when these "easy" or "miracle" solutions were presented to me I jumped on them. I will wholeheartedly admit that some of these gimmicks were a lot more enticing than simply trying to control my diet and exercise properly. So here is my list of past failed gimmicks(hopefully) for your amusement!
-Stacker 2 pills: Lost weight, but it came back because of my lack of proper diet and exercise.
-Fat trapper pills(supposedly don't allow fat to be absorbed therefor you lose tons of weight) Um...too many calories still makes you gain weight. The only thing I got from these was the runs.
-Ab Videos: Just do this video 5 days a week and you'll have great abs! I like most disregarded the suggestion of a healthy reduced calorie diet(which is how you make your abs show to begin with!)
-Muscle magazine miracle workouts: I wholly bought into the muscle mag miracle workouts. I thought that just by completing the workout that I'd get big and ripped just like they promised. They don't mention however that to really do both without the assistance of banned substances is nearly impossible(I'm talking in big strides).
-The ab Zapper!: Perhaps the most embarrassing of all! This is a belt that had 4 electro-shock pads that "stimulate" your abs. So all you have to do is lay there! No sit-ups, just put the lube on your skin and let the belt do your exercise for you! Did I mention the electro-shock pads? Again, another easy way out that never panned out for me.
With all the crap advertising thrown at us, it makes it really tough to be new and not make these types of mistakes. That's why I'm glad to be part of this site, so I can help others to not be like I was. So now I've shared, do any of you out there have similar experiences?

=============i can say ive fallen for many silly gimmicks also. all that expensive crap they sell at GNC that does nothing!! i cant tell you how much money ive spent on test boosters and similar products. now, after years ofusing harsh hormones and pro-hormones ive decided to just go with the good old protien and creatine combo with alot of hard work. nothing is better than that and its the safest!! i do remember that electro ab thingy, dont be embarrased! everyone wanted one of those!! LOL
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2009/05/12, 11:09 AM
Hoodia pills... and slim fast... those got me.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/05/12, 05:11 PM
Xenadrine, Slim Fast and Hydroxycut all the ones I tried. I also was on Jenny Craig off and on since I was 13 thanks to my mom.

My mom, has been off and on Nutrisystem 3 times in the past 2 or 3 years. She says this time it's actually working...... :surprised: