Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

muscle growth

cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2009/05/05, 11:25 PM
Maybe I am doing this in the slim hope that with my quick raise in weight some of it could be possibly blame on muscle growth. I know its a pretty slim chance but it still does lead to my question of how fast does an active woman gain muscle mass? I train too push myself higher in my weights constantly and I do see a general over time increase but in the past two weeks my weight has shot up 10 pounds with out much change in dietary or any change in my activity...and I for sure know I am not pregnant. any ideas??????
Bull4
Bull4
United States
2009/07/14, 03:48 AM
Are you more stressed out lately? That could do it.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/07/16, 10:57 AM
It's not uncommon to gain some muscle mass when you first get serious about working out(aaaahhh, the magic window of the "newbie stage...")
As long as your clothes aren't getting a lot tighter I wouldn't worry about it. Just to let you know, it's nearly impossible to gain 10 pounds of permanent weight in two weeks. Most likely your body is retaining water for one reason or another. Are you weighing in in the morning or night(you're always heavier at night)? Your weight can even fluctuate after a shower.
If I eat any more carbs outside of what my body is used to(even 300-400 more calories) I'll retain water, and show heavier on the scale.
Whatever you do, don't stop training the way you are. It's awesome that you're doing the right thing, and that puts you waaaaaaaay ahead of most of the regular gym goers.
Oh, and sorry if you were looking for another lady's advice, I saw the post and couldn't help putting my two cents in!