Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Ectomorph fitness

Fenn77
Fenn77
Canada
2009/04/13, 08:46 PM
I have a ectomorph body type. I havent played sports or been very active for about 4 years and I dont consider myself very healthy. I started the home fitness plan and have also researched ectomorph's in general. I was wondering if there are any special tips or routines I need to do or anything? I want to build some mass since at the moment of skin and bones but from what ive read its very hard to gain mass for people like me. I dont mind if it takes some hard work casue ill stick with it but Ive heard different opinions on how to exercise and workout, so any helpful ideas are welcome.

PS. if there are any other ectomorphs did you start as I did (meaning skin and bones), have you had some improvment? Im just curious and if anything it will help motivate me knowing other people are gaining some mass.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/04/14, 11:17 AM
Usually ectomorphs are hard gainers when it comes to putting on muscle mass. Your diet is going to be super important as well as heavy strength training. If you're a beginner, you should see some gains just from doing the work, but if you want to add appreciable mass, then eating tons of clean calories and lifting heavy is what you need.
SeriousSam
SeriousSam
United Kingdom
2009/04/28, 04:18 PM
I'd say I'm an ectomorph. I started exercising about October time, and I moved from 7kg dumbbells to 17.5kg dumbbells in this time. I just lift weights when i'm bored at home, or after doing some study. The key is persistance!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/04/30, 10:58 AM
He's trying to put on muscle mass, not just increase his strength. The deciding factor is gonna be diet.

============
Quoting from SeriousSam:

I'd say I'm an ectomorph. I started exercising about October time, and I moved from 7kg dumbbells to 17.5kg dumbbells in this time. I just lift weights when i'm bored at home, or after doing some study. The key is persistance!
=============
:big_smile: