Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Getting in Enough Calories

CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/04/02, 06:43 PM
Hey ladies. I just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago, and am staying at home with her and my 2 year old son. I am breastfeeding, and just input my food intake for today(which was actually a GOOD day)which only came up to 1200 calories. I know simply for the fact of breastfeeding, I need to be getting in at least another 600 calories a day. Between the 2 of them however, sitting down to actually eat something is not the easiest task in the world. Any suggestions as far as pre-canned drinks I could use to help supplement my intake? Something I can drink and carry around with me would really be a problem solver lol.

Thanks!
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2009/04/05, 10:37 AM
I want to first say...congrats!! I remember when you had your first as it was around the time I had my son :)
Maybe I should have another baby so I don't eat as much...I find with just a 2y/o I spend a lot of time snacking.
How about a smoothy with frozen bananas/berries 1/2c yogurt 1/2c orange juice (we use oasis brand fibre juice) and 1/2c milk and 1/2-1 scoop of vanilla protein pwd, and a tsp of ground flax. I know it's not pre-made but takes only a couple min to prepare, is well balanced, and delicious!!
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2009/04/06, 02:46 PM
That would be excellent if someone would jsut bottle it!!

We think Sydney has acid reflux(she has a dr appt tomorrow)and when she isn't doing very well, I literally do not have a spare minute to even throw that together. Today started out good, then turned bad and now is back to good as I gave her some gripe water and put her in her ar seat, but for 2 hours, I couldn't put her down. Now, I get my yogurt and bagel, but if she hasn't settled down, I probably wouldn't have been able to eat anything until her body shut down from tiredness around 7 tonight, which would have meant all day on some cereal! Agh! I'm trying though. I am losing weight, but it's not the right way, which doesn't make me happy,.
angiem6
angiem6
Canada
2009/04/15, 01:22 PM
I remember feeling physically weak in the first month of having my 2nd child. (like you I was breastfeeding, and not eating nearly enough) I found that a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with a big glass of milk was my "quick fix". There are a ton of good calories in this 2 minute meal....

Also, try planning your meals and snacks the night before and have our husband take over for an hour when he gets home....to give you the time to get organized.

It does get easier....