Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Tabatha training

send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2009/02/26, 08:50 AM
Hello guys,

I am looking for fat loss. I realise how important it is to get a good clean diet high in proteins, vitamins, good fats etc.

I have heard about tabatha training which a new kind of high intensive workout. I have read the theory behind it and how it needs to be done like 20 sec workout and 10 sec rest (total 8 reps).

However, can anyone please tell me which exercises respond the best with tabatha. Can someone please list the exercises PER BODY PART like biceps, triceps, legs, shoulders etc???

Thanks in advance.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2009/02/28, 01:36 PM
Tabata workouts are meant to be done with movements using large amounts of muscle. The main 2 recommended are thrusters and front squats, since there is a short transition time between rest and work, and they use a lot of muscle.

Doing a tabata workout to target a bodypart would be stupid. First off, I doubt you'd get much in the way of metabolic conditioning doing a tabata workout for curls no matter what exercise you did, and second, tabata is a form of metabolic conditioning, not designed for targeting a muscle group.

I'd say go with front squats your first time trying them.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2009/02/28, 06:49 PM
thanks wrestler i got ur point. However just wondering tht is it ok to combine it with say another body part. Like say when I am doing bench press how abt if i combine it with bent over barbell rows?

I know tht I will have to sacrifice heavy lifts (even tho I will try my best) but I am looking for quick boost up of my metabolism n fat loss. Also other exercises are like shoulder presses and squats etc