Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Creatine info?

combzie
combzie
United Kingdom
2009/02/10, 05:07 PM
Hey guys,
Thinking of starting creatine, but the thing is im only 15. Ma birthday is in may which would make me the right age to use creatine? Or would you still not advise it?
Im at a decent level of fitness doing cardio 3 times a week and weight training 4 times a week.
Also I know there are so many diff types of Creatine. Wondering if there is any difference to the creatine tabs or powder?
Thanks alot, Combzie
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2009/02/10, 11:05 PM
No need. As a weightlifting coach I deal with this all the time. You don't need it. Besides, there are no guarantees that your body will even respond favorably to it. Save your money and buy more food.
:dumbbell:

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2009/02/11, 12:57 PM
Yeah, there is some 'idea' out there that has been perpetuated by the media that creatine is some kind of super supplement, even bordering on steroids. In fact heard just yesterday a news program railing that creatine was the 'start' of all the problems in baseball! Give me a break! Creatine is simply something your body produces naturally on a daily basis, by the combining of the amino acids Arginine, Glycine and Methionine. Oral creatine intake simply 'adjusts' the amount you currently have. Most creatine it is assumed is stored in your muscle mass, so the more muscle you have, the higher your creatine stores.

Creatine 'stores' are used as you work out. If you work out very hard, you need rest to replenish your stores. So the theory is by taking in exogenous creatinem you can have more creatine stores available or replenish your stores sooner. Excess will simply be turned to the waste product creatinine and excreted. You will see no magic from it.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2009/02/20, 04:34 PM

============
Quoting from bb1fit:

Yeah, there is some 'idea' out there that has been perpetuated by the media that creatine is some kind of super supplement, even bordering on steroids. In fact heard just yesterday a news program railing that creatine was the 'start' of all the problems in baseball! Give me a break! Creatine is simply something your body produces naturally on a daily basis, by the combining of the amino acids Arginine, Glycine and Methionine. Oral creatine intake simply 'adjusts' the amount you currently have. Most creatine it is assumed is stored in your muscle mass, so the more muscle you have, the higher your creatine stores.

Creatine 'stores' are used as you work out. If you work out very hard, you need rest to replenish your stores. So the theory is by taking in exogenous creatinem you can have more creatine stores available or replenish your stores sooner. Excess will simply be turned to the waste product creatinine and excreted. You will see no magic from it.

=============
I saw the same on MLB Network and thought to myself there goes some professional ignorance.

Creatine the started off the steroid craze in MLB is just plain stupid becuase the guy that mainstreamed creatine in MLB had been on the juice since he started off in Oakland back in the 80's and we know him as the Big Mac!

I think MLB should watch Bigger Stronger Faster to get a real clue on how far back roids goes not to say it was this far back in MLB but with the US Olympic Coach admitting the use way back into the 50's with given detail said a lot to me.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
My Log http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=15&t_ix=1631

Knockum Down & Keepum Down!

Training @ Wild Iron

Squat 305
Deadlift 365
Bench 275