Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

new beginings

lily101
lily101
United States
2009/01/18, 01:11 AM
Well Im 18 and next month it will be a year since i had my son. My bmi is i think almost 27 or something like that so this isn't just about losing weight to look good but to be healthy too. Ive struggled all my life with weight and this past year ive been sitting on my butt. if im not sitting on my butt im in college and if not im watching my son grow. I just joined so i start my workout on monday.
I want to lose at least 20 pound to get into my bmi but an additional 20 would be better my ideal weight is 125.

How do you guess set time aside to this stuff.

my day starts at six am. i usually don't eat breakfast and im out the door to school and i don't get home till two. i also walk to take the bus to go anywhere and when i get home im so exhuasted that i don't wanna do anything.

would eating breakfast help my energy when i get home so i would want to work out?

How do you also stay motivated to keep going especially if your impatient like me and don't see results asap?

Can i lose weight a healthy way as well as a quick way?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/18, 12:36 PM
Eating breakfast is a must, even if you just make a shake. Not eating breakfast will lower your metabolism. get up 20 minutes earlier and make a shake to drink while you get ready for your day.

Getting healthier and exercising will also incraese you energy levels, its just a matter of making yourself do it until you feel better.

Take body measurements, you will see rsults with the inches coming off faster than pounds usually.

You stay motivated by keeping a strong goal in mind and focusing on it. write out all your reasons for being healthier and fiter and read them whenever you need motivation.

healthy weight loss is not fast, sorry. It takes time and dedication to create ahealthier lifestyle that results in a healthier body. make small changes and they will add up.

--------------
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
Norman Vincent Peale

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training
Deni
Deni
Canada
2009/01/21, 07:21 PM
I was just like you (except I can barely remember when I was 18! lol). My eating habits were never great, but after having triplets with a 2 yr. old at home, they proceeded to get worse and worse. As my sons got older and I wanted to adopt a healthier lifestyle, I too was looking for a "quick fix".

Thanks to this site and asimmer in particular, I have learned a lot and you will be amazed at how much adopting a healthy diet and exercise program will increase your energy levels and also your focus on your schoolwork.

Yes it does take time, but it is SO worth it!

--------------
Deni
------------------------

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
- Anatole France