Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Knee

DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/12/05, 10:32 PM
Doing my leg workout today I noticed a loud pop noise on my left knee when I was doing squats.. It didn't hurt, but a supervisor of the weight room at my school heard it from across the room and told me I should get it checked out. Just trying to get a second opinion - Is it something I should have looked at? I mean there is no pain after I get done, but I'm a little curious if pain will develop if I continue to ignore it..
2008/12/05, 10:47 PM
You should get the opinion from a Doctor. Why would you risk anything with medical advice from strangers on the net?
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/12/08, 10:35 PM
hah. true.. very true. But most people on the site are educated, and as lifters It's probable someone else has had the same exact thing happen to them.
teemoma
teemoma
United States
2008/12/28, 05:14 PM
hi well im new here and i need to know what things i can do that wont hurt my knee, i cant walk up and down stairs and knee on the floor it hurts going from siting to standing and walking ,so u guys think u can help me find somthing to help? im here for weight loss
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/29, 08:05 AM
teemomma - start walking every day, lose some weight and your knees will thank you. cut the junk food out of your diet and focus on fresh, healthy whole foods.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
teemoma
teemoma
United States
2008/12/29, 12:13 PM
asimmer- well i have 3 babys 5 and under and theres lke 5 inch of snow and its too cold for the kids will walking in place or anything else, i was walking for over 2 months everyday and i didnt lose a thing i cut pop and chips and candy and ice cream out like all the bad stuff i just need some help,my hubby works and lives 4 hours away so i got no help what cn i do help plz
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/29, 08:13 PM
See if your library has workout dvds and ask for leslie sandstones walk away the pounds - these are walking workouts you do in your living room, mostly in place.

It takes time for your body to recover from having all those babies - keep being consistent with exercising and eat a healthy diet and change will come. it takes a loooong time sometimes for womens bodies to shift gears and start dropping fat, but it will happen.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
teemoma
teemoma
United States
2008/12/30, 12:15 PM
asimmer- thanks you so much this helps u have a great day :big_smile:
Missiandra
Missiandra
United States
2010/01/01, 09:34 PM
Teemoma, Hey i have a suggestion...i don't know where you live but if there is a gym that is reasonable that includes a pool, swimming is a great way to get back into shape when you have had knee problems. I have had two knee surgeries and that's how i started rehab for both. Also, a lot of gyms have day care that you can use, depending on how young your youngest is, that is very possible. I baby sit for a women who i work out w/ that has four kids under seven and they all go to the day care at the gym....

good luck w/ your knees...they can be quite annoying!

============
Quoting from teemoma:

hi well im new here and i need to know what things i can do that wont hurt my knee, i cant walk up and down stairs and knee on the floor it hurts going from siting to standing and walking ,so u guys think u can help me find somthing to help? im here for weight loss
=============