Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

I need some help

Kazza91VP
Kazza91VP
Australia
2008/11/23, 12:17 AM
hi its been raining in complete downpoor for about a week, the wind is nasty and cold and even my dog has been missing out on his walks twice a week while my son is at preschool 2 days a week. I own a treadmill but its at my mums and i have no way to get it up to my house so i cant use that. i have a set of 2 kilo dumbells but no idea what cardio i can do to loose weight while being stuck in my house. does any1 have any suggestions???
ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!
DGJ3
DGJ3
United States
2008/11/24, 01:53 AM
Hey sorry to hear about the weather. But there is good news, cardio can be done anywhere even without equipment...Anything that gets your heart rate up is considered cardio, so you could walk on and off of your steps for a set amount of time, do jumping jacks, even walk around your house and clean. It can range from a lot of different exercisesm you just gotta put your mind to it and overcome that weather!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/11/24, 10:18 AM
Something that comes to my mind is what my gym teacher called a "slice of heaven". Basically you start of with 20 jumping jacks, 20 sit ups, and 20 push-ups. Then it's 19 of each, then 18 of each, and so forth until you get down to one. You basically work from 20 to 1 with out stopping. If that doesn't get you sweaty, I don't know what will.