Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Get bigger or lose weight first?

TylerDavis
TylerDavis
United States
2008/11/20, 04:01 PM
Whats goin on everyone, I'm not huge in weight lifting but I have been doing it half ass for the last 4-5 years. I've been really interested in it for the last few months now, but I'm torn. Im 6'2'' 225 and I'm not rediculously fat but could stand to loose some weight. I guess Im pretty average and I'm wondering if I should Hit heavy weight less reps or more reps less weight. I just really want to have the best beach body possible this summer and achieve it in the time between now and then. How can I achieve that goal? Got any tips or programs you would like to share? I am happy to hear all suggestions. :)
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/11/20, 04:53 PM
At 6'2" 225 you probably have some muscle under there, first determine your body fat %.

If you want a beach body you have to drop fat, first and foremost. It doesn't matter how much or little muscle you have if it is covered with fat. You'll be happier if you drop some fat first.

Get a solid meal plan going, eat often, don't stuff yourself. Do some cardio, lift some weights. It's basic, but you have a lot of time to get it done.
docksideguy05
docksideguy05
United States
2008/11/21, 05:56 PM
I agree with the cardio and getting a good meal plan going, I'd also say lift heavy with low reps. Putting on more muscle will boost your metabolism(permanently as long as you keep the muscle) making that fat disappear too.