Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

exercises that maximise fat burning

walter.vicente
walter.vicente
Hong Kong
2008/11/03, 05:29 AM
I hear conflicting views around the best exercise for fat burning. Clearly all cardio related activities help however, is it most efficient to run/walk/lift weights/cycle??? Also, I understand that diet is a massive factor (perhaps bigger than the exercise component) however, diet only contributes to you not taking in more calories than you lose - you still need to find an exercise which burns the calories....I would very much like to know which exercise is best for this...
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/11/03, 07:58 AM
I always tell people the best exercise to burn fat is the one they will stick with. If I said running was the best calorie burner and you absolutely hate running - are you going to stick with it? probably not.

Any cardio will burn calories. I believe in varying the type of cardio, the intensity, the duration and the equipment. It will keep you from getting burnt out, from repetitive stress injuries and from plateauing.

There are som excellent sticky posts about cardio, also. be sure to check the tops of the forums.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
dan_into
dan_into
United States
2008/11/13, 01:50 PM
I have a cardio routine I do which requires 20 minutes of hell every other day but it works. When it comes to fat burning I've found that eating right in conjunction with an evil cardio routine is unbeatable.