Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

so confused

spohn.r
spohn.r
United States
2008/10/26, 01:17 PM
why does free trainers have you split all your body parts on different days instead of offering full body workouts?
i am a 26 year old woman needing to lose 15 pounds of baby weight..i have been hearing conflicting advice. some people tel me it is better to do 2 full body workouts instead of splitting parts like my program says.
for example, freetrainers only has me working my legs once a week. is this really enough to even see a difference?? thanks
merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/10/26, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure that the programs offered here are optimal for fat loss. Full body workouts are considered optimal for fat loss. Read this article by Alwyn Cosgrove for clarification on fat loss:

http://www.alwyncosgrove.com/hierarchy-of-fat-loss.html
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/10/27, 08:08 AM
What did you put in for you goals when you signed up for the workout routine?

fat loss will come from expending more calories than you are taking in. A total bodt routine can be a great way to begin and is how i start most beginners, but eventualy you split out body parts so you can get deeper into the muscles and create more change.

That said, Alwyn Cosgrove is THE man...his routines are great and I used them in our last fat loss challenge, in which people got great results. If you want to follow the routines the participants did look up WSSC challenge and find the most recent thread for workouts.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield