Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Body finding its own weight

cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2008/10/13, 03:06 PM
So I am not complaning cuz it seems, I am still leaning out and I would like to compete in a fitness competition next March. First though, I want my body to find the weight it is comfortable with..I heard if you eat right/excercise/sleep properly your body comes to its own natural weight. Being 5'2, I know I can go abit lower but I also am cautious of what I read since I know I have much more muscle mass then the average gal. So does your body come to its own natural weight? cuz I was 130 but now down to 125? and I was comfortable at the 130...
cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2008/10/13, 03:11 PM
errrrr..make that a figure competion :cool:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/10/14, 08:13 AM
set point is pretty debatable. Your body does probably have a weight that it is more comfortable to maintain at, but it probably won't be as lean as you like. Once you achieve a weight you are happy with and maintain that weight for a year or longer (that is what i have read) it should become your new set point...but competing is a whole different thing, you are tricking and forcing your body to give up more fat than it ever wants to and maintaining that leanness takes a lot of work.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield