Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Just Watch Bigger Stronger Faster

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/10/07, 11:58 PM
Kinda pissed to see how Lou Simmons promoted Steroid use saying he's been on it for 36 year but on the other had claims his West Side Training is built for greater recovery.

Kinda even more pissed to watch him say if younger Bell stops using steroids his powerlifting career is over, basically saying you can't compete without them.

Not saying I didn't know the use was in the sport but the way he put it was pretty much plain and simple.

These guys should just go out and buy a trophy!

If you haven't seen this yet it's a must see as they even show how they edit photos for sups on guy with a before and after pic and one model pretty much says it all!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/10/07, 11:59 PM
Mods please move to correct form.

--------------
2008/10/08, 10:46 AM
Havent watched it but perhaps there's a difference between speaking the truth about personal use and truths about the sport if one wants to be competitive. Not sure what you expected but I dont think the guy like to sugarcoat the reality.

I am not for or against steroids use but seems like steroids are demonized in the US when in fact a monitored, small dosage cycle, is relatively safe as compared to many other medications.

If steroids are an issue, and a person wants to compete in powerlifting, then that person can choose to compete in tested federations. then again you can never truly test against some1 ever using AAS.

semi interesting: check out a kid on youtube running a 12 week cycle of dbol under doctors supervision...it's a bit cheesy, and he admits it's as much a film project for school as anything else...but still interesting....goes from 6'1 138 to 160 thus far in 7-8 weeks...it's called steroids saved my life..or something similar..
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2008/10/08, 04:18 PM
i really want to see BFS. when does it come out on dvd?

menace, while i think the kids idea is cool, he would have been able to do that with just food as i am no doubt sure you know. it would be much more interesting to see someone with lifting experience with a proper diet do this exact same thing tho...
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/10/08, 04:43 PM

============
Quoting from coolnatedawg:

i really want to see BFS. when does it come out on dvd?
=============

It's already out.

--------------
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/10/09, 12:26 PM
I just watched BFS this morning, and I agree with menace3000. The movie did seem to lean a little towards being pro-steroids to me, but the information presented was far from being skewed. The plain and simple truth is that steroids can take you beyond your natural limits. The world record bench presser(Ryan Kennely) works out at my gym, and there is no way in hell he got as big or strong as he is without some "extra help". Also the winner of the junior USA who recently died (Joe Pearson) worked out there too. And even though he was "clean" when he won that competition, his arteries were filled with plaque(I'm not accusing him as the toxicology is pending, but his body and that heart attack do raise a few red flags).
My problem is with the people that use them as a quick way to their goals. I think that if someone is going to use them for cosmetic reasons, they need to already be at the point where their body needs the extra push.
And just like any other drug, a person needs to be educated on the proper use, and potential side effects. I find it kind of odd that a drug who's ABUSE kills only a handful of people every year is such a highly controversial subject. I have never used them simply because I feel like I'm capable of getting my body to where I want it to be with out them. But that's my choice. If I wanted to be a body builder, maybe it would be a different story.
Overall I found the movie to be fairly insightful. I feel that it's sort of the pendulum swinging to the other side of the controversy created by the Chris Benoit murders. It seemed to be the other side of the story that the media wasn't interested in presenting during the steroid "witch hunts". I think that anyone who is serious about building their body should give it a watch, and make up their own minds.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2008/10/10, 07:36 PM
west side guys...on juice?

noo waay?

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/10/10, 07:55 PM

============
Quoting from bigandrew:

west side guys...on juice?

noo waay?

=============

I know it sounds stupid but after years of Louie promoting his theory of being built for greater recovery and etc I was disappointed to find out his theory IMO is crap because it's based on juicers and not us regular guys.

I love speed work and do implement it into my routine as I have a crossbreed of 5x5 and Westside going on for me right now.

Like Defranco I don't believe in a set in stone must do as is routine I believe in customizing them to fit your needs and abilities but doing so to where is makes sense and isn't just throwing crap together.

--------------
Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2008/10/16, 04:38 PM
i need to see this watched parts on youtube
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2008/10/16, 04:38 PM
Alot of his stuff in a nut sheel sounds good and sounds great..but as I have found out...it all doesn't carry over as well as it should.

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

2008/10/20, 11:44 AM
That kid admittedly jumped straight into AAS for no reason just to get quick gains....however he was smart to do it under doctors supervision

i am not surprised in the least WSB juice...
2008/12/19, 11:00 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8963806/Wrestler-featured-in-steroid-documentary-found-dead

I remember him and his brothers from my hometown. They went to a rival high school. To bad.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/12/19, 03:19 PM

============
Quoting from KA:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8963806/Wrestler-featured-in-steroid-documentary-found-dead

I remember him and his brothers from my hometown. They went to a rival high school. To bad.
=============
He claimed he was different then others that he was built for GREATNESS although he hadn't done anything great yet or had a clue what greatness he was going to be about he would was built to do something of greatness.

When I saw him say these things I know something was off and he would end up just like this DEAD.

Out of the whole film that was the part that showed the most ignorance I had seen in quit some time it was at the tail end of the movie where he cried about his wife sitting at the pool getting interviewed.

--------------

My Log http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=15&t_ix=1609

Squat 260x4
Deadlift 340x1
Bench 260x2
2008/12/19, 06:11 PM
Not sure what your point was, but its still to bad that someone I knew of growing up ended up that way.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/12/19, 06:44 PM

============
Quoting from KA:

Not sure what your point was, but its still to bad that someone I knew of growing up ended up that way.
=============
For 1 your correct it sucks when these things happen.

2. I should have said what I said without quoting you as that was a stupid move on my point.

3. My point was I saw something way off in his interview and felt something would happen like this.

--------------

My Log http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=15&t_ix=1609

Squat 260x4
Deadlift 340x1
Bench 260x2