Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

More then just a scale?

cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2008/09/11, 11:30 PM
Hey all,

I am curious. What are other ways to gauge muscle growth and fat loss besides using a home scale? I was thinking of doing measurements but where do you measure on the male and female body? and are there any other means to calculate healthy weight for both, since each body is made differently?
2008/09/12, 12:01 AM
Your pants are a great way to gage progress.

--------------

Sometimes life is like herding cats

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/12, 06:43 AM
Chest - Over (for women, around bust, largest area, for men at nipple height)

Chest - Under (for women where bra would go around and men - around under pecs)

Biceps - Both Left and Right(hands on hips, measure halfway between elbow and shoulder)

Waist - (bellybutton, or where you wear your pants, unless they are lowriders) Just be surwe to neasure the same place each time.

Hips - (widest part, when viewed from the side, really your butt, too)

Thighs - both Left and Right(largest area, a few inches below hip/butt, you know, where those saddlebags hang out:surprised )

Calves- Both Left and Right(in the pasture no, seriously...at the thickest part, usually about 2-3 inches below knee)

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
cheekymonkai
cheekymonkai
Canada
2008/09/12, 09:37 AM
dead on what, wear I was wondering....thnx again Simmer