Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Any tips? Waist loss/muscle gain?

kvnband
kvnband
United States
2008/09/07, 06:58 PM
New to FT, and purchased the pro membership so that I can get the full potential of the site. I'm currently sitting at 273, 38 inch waist (40 in some pants) and hoping to get down to being able to wear a 36 by mid-November (My wedding). I've had FT generate my workout using the Weight Loss/Muscle toning program, and it's got me going 5 days a week (Cardio and weights). I start tomorrow. As far as meals are concerned, I'm thinking Oatmeal in the morning, very light snacks/mini meals throughout the day, and a light dinner in the evening. Is that sort of eating schedule acceptable or should I be going about it a different way?

Also, FT has me doing cardio and weights 5 days per week, which I'm fine with. The question is - When in my day should I be doing my cardio and when should I be doing my weights? I've read that you shouldn't do them together, and if possible, do them on alternating days, but FT has them on the same days - So at what point during my daily routine should I be doing them?

Also - Is my waist loss goal attainable by mid-November? I plan to continue training after my wedding to get me down to a healthy BMI, and to get my lean muscle mass up.

Any tips or advice for a COMPLETE exercising newbie?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/09/07, 09:46 PM
If you read the posts on the questions concerning cardio and weights on the same day, most are geared toward bodybuilders looking to add or retain muscle. In your case, it really does not matter, calorie burn is your bottom line. Just follow the plan.

And yes, a 2 inch loss by mid November is very do-able. Especially so with staying the course, which means little to no cheating.

And congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

kvnband
kvnband
United States
2008/09/07, 09:54 PM
Thanks for your post. It's VERY appreciated. I've already let the fiancee know that I can't eat any more of some of her food, so hopefully I'll be able to stay the nutritional course.

What about my meal plans that I posted up there? I see that FT can tell me how much of X nutrient that I need per day, and where I can get that nutrient from, but I'm trying to keep it as simple as I can here. Will eating a healthy breakfast, then doing my workout, then every couple of hours having a mini meal, then a very light dinner be acceptable to cut the calories?

Thanks again for your post.