Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Need help with multiple goals

mcdowjj
mcdowjj
United States
2002/01/23, 08:45 AM
Im a beginner to regular weight lifting. I am one of those lucky people who never really needed to lift weights. Not cause I am big or nothing. Its just that my jobs always helped build muscle naturally (Infantry, Ranch hand). Well now im in a job in teh military where I dont lift heavy items alot and the Training program is extremely lax so i started lifting weights. What i need help with is keeping my strength but not getting to big to where when i go back to being infantry I can still hide behind trees and in bushes. Right now i am using the program for staying cut not bulking up. Should i mix these two or just stay with the cut program?

Mcdow
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/01/23, 10:38 AM
Welcome to ft! So, you've already signed up for the tone and define program? If you're concerned with just maintaining your strength, make sure you work with light to medium weights and more reps. Is there a specific body part you want to concentrate on? It really does help if you fill out your profile and just specifically outline your goal (i.e. more strength in the arms but not legs, etc.). Although, it sounds like you just want to maintain what you have...
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/01/23, 10:39 AM
You follow a FT program?
Try putting in your exercise program and tell us a little bit more about yourself. It'll then be easier for us to give you advice.
MuscleRage
MuscleRage
United States
2002/01/23, 07:37 PM
Naturally your body will be inclined to get stronger as you prgress in weight training, but by eating healthy and doing a lot of cardio you will get cut and not get massive.