Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

shaping up for wedding

dovebar
dovebar
United States
2008/08/08, 06:09 PM
Im trying to shape up for my wedding in Aug. 2009. I am 24 yrs old, 5'2", 200 lbs, but i have always been well proportioned. I am also fighting heiratity. my mom is over 400 lbs and many others in my family are large too. I have good will power with what i eat, I just need some pointers for specific exercises or stretches that will help me flatten my tummy, tighten my upper back, stop my thighs from rubbing when I walk, and get rid of that chicken flap on the back of my arms, so that I can look great in my dress and be healthy, as i know that it is easier to maintain being healthy, that to fluctuate. I have only been with ft for 2 weeks and already feel more energetic, and healthier.

Can anyone help me focus on some more specific exercises or stretches?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/08/09, 10:46 AM
You have a year, that is a good amount of time.

Sign up for one of the free workout plans here and check out the nutrition forum for some ideas about food - diet will be the biggest factor in your fat loss.

Look up the series of threads with WSSC in the title (there is a diet, a workout routine and a cardio plan) this is a plan I used for two different groups of challengers and they all lost inches and pounds.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

Milika
Milika
United States
2008/09/02, 03:21 PM
I have been searching the message boards for an answer to the questin I have. I am sure its here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone tell me what is a good goal to set as far as loosing inches, whether from hips, belly, or whatever? I am 29 years old, 5'3'', 180 lbs. I just started working out after a break of several years and this is the first time I've tried to loose weight/size.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/04, 07:44 AM
Iguess the best way to set a goal for inches is to decide what ahealthy size ould be for you. There is no set formula for predicting inches lost and everyone measures differently...

You will typically lose inches before weight, so measuring and tracking inches is always motivating. In the challenges I have run in the past , women tend to lose 1/4 to 1/2 an inch off their hips or waist a week, but it is not always steady and sometimes they would drop even more dramatically. Like I said, there is no 'normal' or predictable amount to expect. it will depend on your routine, your diet, and your metabolism....

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
hillarious
hillarious
Pakistan
2008/09/04, 10:32 AM
hi
im hareem
my height is 4,11 ang my age is 20
my weight is 60 kg and i dont know how to get back to my previous weight that was 43kg
plz help me out as my wedding is three months above and my tummy is buldging outas well as my hips,legs and arms and my cheecks
plz help me out
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/04, 12:06 PM
Sign up for a workout routine and check out the eating plan in the thread WSSC food plan in the general fitness forum...it is a good weight loss plan.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
Lindzhigh
Lindzhigh
United States
2009/01/12, 03:27 PM
I was waondering if this member had any good results with her weightloss? I woulf love to hear how things are going so far...

============
Quoting from dovebar:

Im trying to shape up for my wedding in Aug. 2009. I am 24 yrs old, 5'2", 200 lbs, but i have always been well proportioned. I am also fighting heiratity. my mom is over 400 lbs and many others in my family are large too. I have good will power with what i eat, I just need some pointers for specific exercises or stretches that will help me flatten my tummy, tighten my upper back, stop my thighs from rubbing when I walk, and get rid of that chicken flap on the back of my arms, so that I can look great in my dress and be healthy, as i know that it is easier to maintain being healthy, that to fluctuate. I have only been with ft for 2 weeks and already feel more energetic, and healthier.

Can anyone help me focus on some more specific exercises or stretches?
=============