Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Head and neck pain when doing chest

rjh04
rjh04
United Kingdom
2008/07/27, 10:25 AM
No I haven't. Thanks for the advice I will look into that.
rjh04
rjh04
United Kingdom
2008/07/27, 08:46 AM
Hi,

Just thought I'd find out if anyone else has had a similiar problem.

Basically this happens once in awhile but when it does it puts me out of training for ages.

As a bit of back ground I'm 23, male, and in good shape so I don't have high blood pressure or anything.

Normally it will happen when I am doing bench press of a fly exercie. I am very careful to make sure my technique is good, my breathing is right and I keep myself well hydrated so I am confident it's not that.

Without warning I get a massive shooting pain in the right of my neck (mid rep) which then goes up into my head and accross the right of my brain. The pain is normally immense causing me to drop the weights and be in a large amount of pain for some time.

In everyday life after this has happened I don't normally get too much of a problem. Untill I try to train again.

I was thinking maybe it could be a trapped nerve or something? Has anyone else ever come accross a problem like this?

Thanks for your help.

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/27, 09:08 AM
Does sound like a trapped nerve or a spasm in your levators or traps...have you ever had deep tissue masge done on your front shoulder, pecs and upper back/neck? Find someone who does trigger point therapy and see if they can't find some big old nasty knots somewhere in there.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach