Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

New to fitness and curious....

juicyricangirl
juicyricangirl
United States
2008/04/02, 02:16 PM
I've finally decided to do a lifestyle change as opposed to just weight loss, I have no problem with doing workouts as I enjoy it. However, I was curious about changing my diet and was wondering for any advice as I am a very picky eater, I do not like a lot of fruits, seafood, etc... Also I have a friend who lost weight and then quit smoking and now she's gaining belly fat. (ONLY belly fat) I smoke and am scared quitting is going to make me even fatter. Any questions, comments, suggestions? Much appreciated.
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2008/04/03, 03:01 AM
What kind of fruit DO you like?
What kind don't you like, and why?
Chicken and turkey is good as well, so you don't need to eat a lot of seafood.

Just because your friend gained weight when she quit smoking, doesn't mean you will. Just quit! Exercise and the right food will help you get fit even if you do put on some weight.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
-----------------------------------
koya1893
koya1893
United States
2008/04/03, 08:25 AM
http://www.bodydimension.com/links/Superfood.htm

I am not sure if my attachment is according to the terms but the list of food on the site should be in your diet. I always have people make a list of food they like and then another list of what they eat. 9 out of 10 what they like is not always what they eat.
Do not make a drastic change in your diet do it slow and moderately so your system will get use to that type of food. May suggest in increase of your water intake first if you have not already done so, a piece of fruit for every snack or meal and green tea.

Focus on getting high protien food group and limit your intake of wet carbs in the morning and lucng time. Get your carbs from your vegies at night. brocoli, beans and spinach.
misstaken
misstaken
South Africa
2008/05/20, 09:24 AM
hi i am new here i have just viewed the recommended diet .thing is i have never liked fruit and veg .Any ideas on how i can like these foods?Silly question i know...