• United States United States
  • Male
  • 59 years old
  • United States United States
  • Male
  • 59 years old

Introduction

Recently retired after 22 years of service in the United States Navy. I am 48, 49 in sept. If the activity has anything to do with being outside, on the water I am game for it. I love sailing and playing on the water with my kids. fitness mind set is a key element in my daily routine even when I am on my off week which I take after two weeks of hard training doing my routine or with my clients.

Goals and motivation

To keep doing what I am doing till the day the good Lord does not permit me to do so. I've been a personal trainer now for eight years 5 years when I was stationed in San Diego and 3 years in Maryland after my re-assignment here. I am in better shape now than when I was in my teens. Then again I was a true 95lbs. soak and wet weakling back then. I would never thought that any given day I would pick up 125 lbs. dumbbell and use them for my dumbbell press routine. I have developed my own "boot camp" style routine incorporating my martial art experience and a form of motabolic surge style routine for strenght training and cardio boosting. With this routine I now run a 7 minute mile without incorporating any kind of running routine into my scheduel (I don't like running). I am what I call a "test rat" for the work out I precribe to my client. If I don't feel the result when I perform the routine I eliminate it from my clients routine.

I have found/realized that being a personal trainer is more than just showing my clients proper technique. I have become their motivator in every aspect of their life, hence when they come to the gym for a work out I can read them easier to determine what kind of mind set they are in.

My goal is to share and educate the general public about fitness and inspire people to use our body the way it was meant to be used (physically active) to enjoy life. I would like to be a speaker as a normal person with general knwoledge about fitness from doing a lot of reading and research and share with people what I have learned and gain from getting educated (free) about fitnes to enjoy life with out any physical limitation.

I have been certified through Cooper Institute for some time now. I am working on my group exercise certification and someday would like to market my routine I develope. Eventually I would like to open my own studio and use my routine as the flagship for my routine. I call it "Jump Start" boy will it ever "Jump Start" your day and your life.

Fit wall

- No messages yet -