Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Why aren't I dropping any pounds?

mariahk
mariahk
United States
2008/03/20, 12:51 PM
I have been working out consistantly for 3 full months now. (started up again after 7 months of not excersizing) When I started a few months ago I was running about 3 miles a day and am now up to 7 miles a day. I also have been doing free weights and I do 3 sets of 30 push-ups about five days a week. I literally have not dropped one pound! However I do notice I have toned up a little. I haven't changed my diet at all but you would still think I would lose because I am not eating any more food than I was. I normally consume on average about 1500-1600 calories a day.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/20, 01:53 PM
You honestly don't look like you have much weight to lose in your pics.

Maybe you are underestimating your calorie needs with all you are doing and so your body is holding onto the fat is has left.

Sometimes it is a matter of creating a little less deficit when you get very lean.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/03/20, 02:37 PM
Looking at the pictures I think that you could stand to add a little muscle, I don't think you have much fat to lose and if you lost anything more you could end up looking sickly thin.
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/03/20, 02:46 PM
Yeah, no offense, but you look almost too skinny. How many days do you use weights a week? Also, do you lift light or heavy? Remember, muscle burns fat, and you're a woman, so you're not going to get bulky like guys do.

Like asimmer said, if you're eating too few calories your body goes into starvation mode and won't get rid of fat. It sounds weird, but you have to eat to lose weight. Just eat a lot of healthy foods 5-6 times a day.