Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Love handles

alleysha
alleysha
Canada
2008/03/15, 12:05 PM
I've heard that love handles are very hard to get rid of. Mine have been around since after I had my daughter(almoest 4 years ago). What should I be doing to get rid of them?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/03/15, 03:46 PM
In many instances, unless you get down to competition level bodyfat percentages, you may never lose them completely before sacrificing hard earned muscle. Go slowly, don't diet for extended periods of time. Each time you diet you get past your last pleateau if you are eating healthy in between diets and simply eating at maintenance. Most folks never will lose stubborn love handles the first time around without greater sacrifice of hard earned lean tissue (which by the way is just as valuable to a woman as a man, just in smaller amounts).

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

2008/03/16, 11:05 AM
alleysha, bb1 is right. It takes a while, and it takes some planning b/c you have to go in stages. If you're serious about it, you should develop a year long, periodized training program that is designed to build lean muscle, then maintain what you built while you chip away at the body fat, then build some more, then chip away, etc. All the while, you're going to need to take a good hard look at what you eat and how you eat it, b/c abdominal fat is nearly impossible for women to lose if they don't pay attention to the nutrition side of the coin. Good luck. All good things are worth working for, and remember that in life, quick fixes are usually temporary fixes. :)

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
alleysha
alleysha
Canada
2008/03/16, 02:25 PM
Thanks for your answers...are there any exersises that I should be doing?
whisper88
whisper88
United Kingdom
2008/10/16, 10:43 AM
Everyone says that spot fat reduction doesn't work.... but I suppose you can strengthen the muscles underneath.