Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Knee troubles

justind123
justind123
Netherlands
2008/03/04, 03:20 AM
I'm troubled with the person that came up with the word knee. Why put a K there? It's not normal.
I'm also troubled with my knees. They seem to be getting strained from too much sporting activites (mostly basketball). I took an awkward tumble a few weeks ago. I've started to notice a SHARP pain SOMETIMES when I go up stairs. Other than that my knees snap crackle and pop all the time, but that's been around forever.
Not only what are some good exercises for injured knees, but how much weight and reps are good also?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/03/04, 01:15 PM
I feel your pain (literally). Go down a few posts and look at my posts here in the injury form called "torn meniscus and spur". I got a lot of good tips for exercises there. Good luck.
ps, I also feel ya on the whole Knee thing. What's the point of the K? Like knob, or know. Seriously, why?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/03/04, 01:46 PM
Your description is mighty vague. Popping is not normally used as a symptom, since it doesn't usually mean anything.

Try to be more specific. Where does it hurt, what kind of pain? When does it hurt, when did it start hurting, are there movements you can't do? Try to be specific...

And since you were general, I can give you my general recommendation. Most chronic knee problems aren't actually knee problems, they are ankle or hip problems that are presenting in the knees. More often than not, soft tissue and flexibility work for the calves, hip flexors, quads, etc can be very helpful.
I also noticed you mentioned basketball. I'd bet my good hip that your gastroc is tight (muscle on the back of the ankle, stretched with a straight leg) and your piriformis (muscle on the front of the ankle) is weak.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/03/11, 12:40 AM
Nope. Most likely skeletal trauma. See a Dr. and have an MRI done.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
qotsa_bts
qotsa_bts
United States
2008/03/11, 12:39 AM
I had a terrible fall when I was fourteen, and I have had knee pain ever since.I am twenty-one now, Over the past year it has gotten severly worse. If it is bent for any amount of time, I must force it to pop before I can put any weight on it or it just doesnt hold up and i tumble to the floor. It will also does this same thing while walking eith me ending up in the floor. I wear a knee brace 24/7 which helps greatly. It hurts under the knee cap on the right side. I makes a very audible, grinding pop. Is there anything that would be good for it as far as exercise goes? Please Help