Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

getting up early

mopflop
mopflop
Australia
2008/03/01, 09:17 AM
common everyone, give me your idea's- i need to get into the morning thing- and i'm struggling, my bed is to cozy.

Maybe i need to sleep on the floor or somewhere uncomfortable
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/03/01, 10:12 AM
Try keeping your tongue in your mouth and going to sleep earlier!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
2008/03/01, 07:07 PM
Bed wetting should solve it.

--------------
Aboard the MV The Shop

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/03, 08:02 AM
I know it is hard to get out of bed - especially when it is 9 below and not going to get any warmer the rest of the day!

I put my workout clothes on the dresser top and I have a note on the side of my bedside table, where I will see it when I open my eyes, that says "Get up and do your cardio"

I also find I wake up easier when I get to bed on time and spend a few minutes thinking about my goals and about what I need to do the next day.

Good luck!

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/03/03, 11:31 AM
Set an alarm clock in another room as loud as it will go. That forces you to get out of bed, if you go back to bed then that's your own fault.

Make yourself do it for like 3 weeks, I've read that something like 21 consecutive days of something will create a habit. Then it becomes easier.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/03/03, 01:13 PM
Getting up early sucks at first, but gets easier. Here's my tricks to get up at 4:30am. Like Amy (asimmer) said, I have to go to bed at a good hour (usually 8:30 or 9:00) and tell myself what I'm going to do in the morning and what time I'll get up before I go to sleep.
I set out all of my breakfast goodies, have my tea in my tea infuser ready to go, have my clothes and shoes next to my bed, etc. If I'm running with the dog, I've got the leash on the nightstand, whatever reminds you of what you are doing the next morning.
When the alarm goes off I do some yoga in bed. I know most men are like "HUH!?" ha ha. Seriously though, any simple stretching will get the oxygen flowing through your body and will help wake you up too. And by stretching I don't mean stretching from your back to your stomach to go back to sleep. ha ha.
Once I do get up, I will spend 30 minutes or so leisurely drinking a cup of tea watching half of the Oprah I DVR'd the night before. If I think about Oprah and tea (and quiet time with no children) when the alarm goes off instead of running or kickboxing, it's a lot easier to get up. 30 mins of caffiene and I'm set to go.
Good luck and stick with it. It will be easier as you get used to it and feels SOOOO good to start your day with some activity.