Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Post Workout Recovery Drink

ischjli
ischjli
United States
2008/02/25, 02:12 PM
I have just started to work out again and it has been some time since I seriously supplemented. I am looking for advice on choosing a post workout recovery drink. I toyed with making one, but did some research and feel like the endeavor could proof highly problematic- my chemistry skills are weak! I welcome recommendations for over the counter products to use after my workout. A product containing dextrose, creatine, Leucine -Glutamine and Alanine, Momordica Charantia or bitter melon extract (insulin potentiator). PS- I did search for 'recovery drinks' on the site and did not find any strong threads. I apologize if the has been asked somewhere else recently.
Thanks in advance for your help.

--------------
Ischjli
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -- T. S. Elliot
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2008/02/25, 03:49 PM
I like Surge, most of the people I know that train also like Surge. It can be found at t-nation.com. It doesn't have creatine, but that stuff is mad cheap. You can just put a scoop in the with Surge. That is what I do anyway.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2008/02/25, 04:16 PM
Thank you Pemdas. I appreciate the info and will get on the site to check it out now.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2008/02/25, 05:10 PM
If you're trying to make it cheap and easy, then keep it simple, and do what is known to work: whole PRO, simple CHOs - good to go. Everything else is glitz.

I'm not saying that the rest is entirely worthless, just added stuff in which most of the research on (except CM) is sketchy at best.

--------------
Michael

Strength & Conditioning is not everything; it just really sucks to be weak and slow.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/02/25, 09:28 PM
I agree with rev8ball: keep it simple. One of the easiest PWO shakes is mixing whey protein in milk. Chug that, then wash it down with about 8oz of 100% grape juice. Cheap and easy.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
fitinboise
fitinboise
United States
2008/03/01, 06:48 PM
You might look into Scivation Xtend. It is a BCAA powder with Glutamin and some B6 & B12. Awesome from recovery and amazing tasting. I like apple the best.