Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

harms of compitition

tajamul
tajamul
Pakistan
2003/03/27, 06:51 AM
hi every body.
i want to know that what r the main harms of compititions on the health of us.with water retention and lose too much fats.and spacially with steroids using.please give me advice in this regard.
thanks
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/03/27, 01:17 PM
I think that most of the harms of competition would be the ones who after every show, go back to putting on tons of mass(including fat of course) in an all out effort to get bigger. Then you have to put your body through the extreme trauma(yes, it is trauma), of the all out dieting. The up and down I do not think is good. That is one reason too I try to stay fairly lean all year around, maybe 6 weeks gaining, 2-3 weeks hardening cycles. That way things do not get too out of hand, and i never "baloon" up. Besides that, the short term problems are when you get that low in bodyfat, from the intense dieting and training, your immune system is down, and you are very susceptible to viruses. Many bodybuilders catch colds or flu either immediately before or right after competition. And of course steroids, well there is a whole nother medical issue. The long term effects can be devastating. Be very careful if you choose this route. I like to think we do this first and foremost for our health, then if we like and want to take it to the next level, so be it. Hope this helps somewhat. Lots to talk about in a small posting area.

--------------
The one goal you will NEVER achieve is the one you never attempt.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/03/29, 02:19 AM
You said it well Ron.
Competing is everything but easy. Your entire life will get determinated by the date of the competition, 24 hours a day 7 days out of 7.
The dieting is very hard to your health but it's also the mind who's suffering. When forcing yourself to keep on training and don't get enough sugar well your mind will start to play tricks with you as well (and it can be difficult for the family to understand...).

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/03/29, 10:33 AM
Boy, if that isn't a true statement Philia! "Your entire life will be determined by the date of your competition." It is probably the most demanding sport there is. In other things, you might practice 2,4 or more hours even, but when you are done for the day, you are done. With bodybuildng competition, it is 24 hours per day. You cannot sway one bit. There is no you are done for the day. You actually must live it and breathe it. Every move you make during the day, every piece of food you eat is scrutinized and planned. Many times after a competition, big time apologies are in order!! Other than that, it is fun!! LOL......The rewards of being on stage with the best and the crowd cheering and you getting called for a trophy are pretty awesome. And it sure gives you a great appreciation for "food"!

--------------
The one goal you will NEVER achieve is the one you never attempt.
tajamul
tajamul
Pakistan
2003/04/01, 12:22 AM
thanx to post reply
i m agree with u boy.i enjoyed three competitions in my life and prepiaring for upcoming comp also which one held after three months.now as u say my every piece of time of the day has programmed.dieting drinking and daily chacke my fats and body level.my legs are weak therefor i squate daily.please inform me any big gain without side efacts or less side efacts.i also use a cycle of steroids in previuose comp.

--------------
every thing is possible