Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Pain around elbow..

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/01/10, 10:31 PM
When I drove down to Vegas from Washington, I went through some pretty rough weather. As a result of this it turned a regular 13 hour driving trip into a 27 hour one. I noticed after that trip, I could barely bend my elbow, it was painful. Anyways, it has been over a month now that I have been here and yet there is still some discomfort and pain around the elbow when I use it. It increases more when I am weight training or lifting, exerting it etc.

Anyone possibly know what this could be?

Today, it started a numbing sensation going down my arm into my hand after working out, starting to wonder why it won't go away.

Thanks!

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/01/10, 10:35 PM
Oh geez!!! Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum, but I am not going to post it into the other one and duplicate it so if someone catches this and knows what it could be, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Bettia

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/01/10, 11:16 PM
It probably ain't going away because your using it and it needs rest like a couple to a few weeks rest if injured.

Could be tendinitis but if I were you I would go to a Doctor.

I use to get tendinitis before my wrist surgery in Bowling and it would get so bad it would go strait to the fingers but just the 2 I use to bowl with.

Tendinitis will come from over use and imbalances, I had to work other arm muscles to rehab it.

It may not be as bad as it seems and you maybe able to still train but with lighter weights in higher reps.

I do know at times when my shoulder or elbow starts to act up I go lighter for a bit and all feels better.

For me it's always the same shoulder and elbow on the same arm and I think it has allot to do with recking my Harley back in the 90's like a dumbass!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/01/11, 08:34 AM
Sounds more like impingement - most likely in your shoulder/pec area, nerves get pinched acusing pain/numbness, as well as just having that elbow in the same position/fighting the wheel for so long that could be causing the elbow pain and stiffness.

Maybe you pulled your bicep? Usually tendinitis hurts more in the morning and less as you increase movement and get the accumulated fluid out.

Can't really diagnose over the internet (not qualified to diagnose, anyhow). BUT - this is what I think....follow at your own risk :)
Try getting in deep around your shoulder/pec and bicep tendon and look for tender spots and ropy knotted muscles - try firm presure and massage and then ice the areas once you can't stand the massage anymore. (I say massage, but what you want is to 'strip' any grainy/knotty feeling areas with your thumb, very uncomfortable). Take some ibuprofen to brig down inflammation - could be you aggravated stuff (bursa, tendons, nerves, etc) and the imflammation response has kicked in and won't calm down - rest it for a few days straight and take anti-inflammatories and massage/ice it. You have to break the cycle or irritation/inflammation.

If it persists you should see someone about it.

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/01/11, 01:55 PM
Thanks. I was thinking that it was caused by what Amy said as well because that is when it all started.

I just need to go to the doc to see what it is exactly.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2008/01/11, 08:56 PM
I travel quite a bit and notice this (not as bad though) when I have rested my elbow on rest next to my chair for long periods.
Sounds stupid I know but who knows.....
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/01/17, 12:54 PM
I suck so bad at lateral raises now! It hurts because of this...whatever it is.

Any suggested on other shoulder exercises that might replace the lateral raises?

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/01/17, 02:23 PM
I never do them as I always do compound lifts for shoulders and then some rear delts movements!

I like Dumbbell Arnold Presses and any form of Shoulder Presses.

Just do compound and you'll hit the fronts and side at the same time real good!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!