Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Ready to start back up again!!!!

Mikeymic
Mikeymic
United States
2007/12/11, 05:21 PM
I haven't been on here for awhile or worked out in about 8 months, and im ready to start working out again. Somewhere along the line i lost motivation, which i already figured out y, but im back and ready to get going. My question is how i can try to boost my energy. I have a 8-5 Heating & A/C job that requires me lifting and going up ladders and basically moving around all day long and at the end of the day im so tired and always have to take a nap to reboost myself. And im not really all about getting up at 6 in the a.m. to work out, so is there anything i can do so im not so damn tired at the end of the day... thanks!! I do play soccer 3 times a week and i drink alot of water and eat fairly well.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/12/11, 10:22 PM
good luck and stick with it, that is the hardest part! :)

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
big_j_scf
big_j_scf
United States
2007/12/20, 12:50 PM
I feel ya man. After work, I like to take about an hour to just relax and try to take in some quality carbs for energy (usually oatmeal) I know a lot of people may not agree with this, but I also drink a couple cups of coffee during that time. After the hour, I start moving around and gettin' myself ready to go and by the time I get to the gym I feel ready to work. You could even try taking a hot shower before you work out... If I'm really dragging that seems to help. As for staying motivated, all I can say is swallow your pride. I had to stop training for a year due to injury and I couldn't start again because I was too ashamed of the weights I was lifting, but once I swallowed my pride and just did what I could, it came back in a hurry. Good Luck!
jonshez
jonshez
United Kingdom
2007/12/20, 07:18 PM
Hi Mikey,
you might find your energy levels pick up with the extra activity. Sounds odd, but I used to be buzzing after a full day's work and raring for the gym while my lazy friend was dozing in the car on the way home.
Sounds like you have a pretty packed day anyway!

--------------
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.
- Lau Tzu
dorothyo
dorothyo
United States
2007/12/22, 10:13 PM
I have heard that working out in the mornings give you more energy for the day. If you can handle going to the gym at 6am before work...give it a shot.:big_smile: