Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

whey protein expiration

atifk
atifk
United Arab Emirates
2007/11/19, 01:35 AM
Hey guys I have a question

I bought some whey protein 3 summers ago now, opened package, more like a sack. Theres no expiration date though.

Is it probably expired by now or do you guys think its still useable? ( I didnt keep it refrigerated but it has been closed up and kept in a shaded area).

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help n excuse the ignorance.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/11/19, 01:39 AM
Whey does go bad. Heat causes protein to denature and convert into less appealing and pungent compound. Don't forget that whey is derived from milk protein and milk itself goes bad as well. I would suggest tossing it and only buy amounts you can consume within a three month period.

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
atifk
atifk
United Arab Emirates
2007/11/19, 01:50 AM
Do you think it would go bad @ room temperature though?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/11/19, 03:36 PM
it says it should bge stored in a cool, dry place, I usually just keep it on a shelf, but have never went past the three month mark in storing.

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman