Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

want to reach 7%

n8dawg
n8dawg
United States
2002/06/14, 07:56 PM
hi

im new here i have been working out for about 5 years and have made some real good gains in strength and size. i am 5 10 and weight 195 18% bf. im looking for a good diet and exercise program to get me down to 7% without losing to much muscle. im a little confused on the whole diet thing and how much i should be lifting and doing cardio per week.
any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thank you
natedawg
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/15, 01:53 AM
Just check the FT exercise and nutrition program and you'll find an answer.

If you stay serious about weight training and your diet, you'll get great results very fast. Good luck.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/16, 07:48 PM
Welcome to ft, Natedawg! Search some old posts as well 'cause there have been many posts on how to properly diet and exercise.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
CJFit
CJFit
United States
2002/07/26, 12:50 PM

============
Quoting from n8dawg:

hi

im new here i have been working out for about 5 years and have made some real good gains in strength and size. i am 5 10 and weight 195 18% bf. im looking for a good diet and exercise program to get me down to 7% without losing to much muscle. im a little confused on the whole diet thing and how much i should be lifting and doing cardio per week.

thank you
natedawg

=============
If you want to reach 7% you will have to get down to ~172 lbs, which should not be a problem as long as you adhere to a sound nutritional program and a proper workout routine.
Firehawk734
Firehawk734
United States
2002/07/31, 01:28 PM
Body for life is built just for you man. I would also go to www.hussman.org because there are tricks and little changes made to the body for life program that are aimed toward people like you. Great site with tons of info.
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2002/08/14, 11:23 AM
To drop your BF% down to 7% you need to lose 11 lbs. You can lose this in about 4-6 weeks, by doing cardio 30-40 minutes, 3-4 times each week, without losing muscle. As long as you also continue to lift, you will look leaner, and thiner, but will not lose muscle. The mass you lose will only be body fat.

============
Quoting from n8dawg:

hi

thank you
natedawg

=============

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/08/20, 09:02 PM
7% from 18% is a good stretch. You can do it in a short period of time as stated if you are willing to sacrifice muscle to do it. I take it this is not an option. The slower you go, the better. Give yourself a good solid nutrition plan and aim for about 16 weeks. I know that may sound like a long time, but it will pass regardless, and you will be all the more muscular for it. Have an intake of at least 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight, and slowly reduce your calorie intake. Write down everything you put in your mouth, that way you have a good place to start to chop calories. Do maybe 100 calories the first week below your maintenance level. Then follow with the appropriate amount for each week. Make your carbs useful ones, fibrous in nature,cut all junk(sugars and stuff of course) They can actually help you burn fat. Slowly add HIIT cardio into your routine, maybe the first week 3 sessions, 30 min. should get it. Then add as needed. Do not stop with heavy weights, that is a sure fire way to lose muscle.