Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Are Any Weight loss supplements..

Paradiself
Paradiself
Canada
2007/10/24, 10:07 AM
going to help, without all the crazy side effects? I am strength and cardio training in the gym 4 times a week. (Low wieght/high reps, etc.) I am on week 6, and still have not lost even ONE pound!! Yes, I know that muscle weighs more, and yes I have lose a few inches, but could a weight lose supplement help me shed some pounds?
:surprised:

--------------
Self delusion is pulling in your stomach when you step on the scales.
- Paul Sweeney

immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/10/24, 12:03 PM
The best weight loss is garnered from proper diet combined with what you're doing now. My advice would be to spend the money on improvements in diet, rather than a loss supplement, which will just be herbal caffeine in various doses/forms.

--------------
DEFENSE! - Bas Rutten
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2007/10/27, 11:22 AM
Increase the weights. And like immovablestone said "diet"??
The weight loss compounds are a waist of $$. Buy a good CD instead!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
2007/10/27, 08:50 PM
I would guess your diet is the culprit.

Eat many times a day
Do not drink your calories
Eat a lot of veggies/fiber
Eat lean protein
eat only complex carbs
try to limit fruits

lift HEAVIER...almost all women have tendency to lift extremely light weights which accomplish damn near nothing...use freeweight exercises....squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, dips, bent over rows, etc...and use solid weight....something that u can handle for no more than 8-10 reps...if u end up doing a couple less reps that's fine also...

caffeine+aspirin can help but i'd first improve diet.

also if u're losing inches then u're progressing..STOP looking at the damn scale..it's one of the worst signs of progress...u can fluctuate 10lb in a day...
Paradiself
Paradiself
Canada
2007/10/28, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the good advice. My diet is actually very good and this week I am going to increase my whey protein. I have also started CLA. But all your advice about increasing my weight is great. I follow the FreeTrainers exercise program, which recommends 4 sets, of 12, 12, 10, 10 in most cases.
Think I am on the right track?
Trina

============
Quoting from menace3000:

I would guess your diet is the culprit.

Eat many times a day
Do not drink your calories
Eat a lot of veggies/fiber
Eat lean protein
eat only complex carbs
try to limit fruits

lift HEAVIER...almost all women have tendency to lift extremely light weights which accomplish damn near nothing...use freeweight exercises....squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, dips, bent over rows, etc...and use solid weight....something that u can handle for no more than 8-10 reps...if u end up doing a couple less reps that's fine also...

caffeine+aspirin can help but i'd first improve diet.

also if u're losing inches then u're progressing..STOP looking at the damn scale..it's one of the worst signs of progress...u can fluctuate 10lb in a day...
=============
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/10/28, 07:28 PM
Strength training does not consist of high reps low weight.

Also, diet is your other albatross. guessing at what you eat will usually get you nowhere. If you notice, any diet, by any name works because there is some way to count calories.

Research shows over and over that most folks tend to underesstimate their caloric intake by as much as 50%. Eating too little will also cause a major stall. You need to look here very hard. Eating 'healthy' in no way constitutes any measure of weight loss.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer