Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Fat Arms.

mphska
mphska
United States
2007/10/10, 06:58 PM
I have always had a problem with my arms, regardless of how thin I have been.
Currently, I am over weight and getting rid of baby weight and just started a gym and work out program. But how do I get rid of the Arm fat?
Please, Specific exercises that won't add bulk and will lose the fat and tone...
thanks!!
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/10/11, 07:23 AM
Please fill in your profile.
Weight training is always good for you, there are plenty of sticky posts to read about women and weight training and why plenty of hard work won't make you bulky.
But for now...
Take a dumbell weight (or something that you can hold on to that is heavy) and hold it in both your hands (one thing, two hands).
Raise your hands over your head and behind your neck.
Push up the weight until it is over your head.
Lower it behind your neck again.
Repeat until you can't do any more (or do 20, then 16, then 14, then 12).
This works your triseps (I think), and is good for fat arms.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
-----------------------------------
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/10/12, 05:50 PM
Weights, boxing and changes to diet are the only things that helped me, getting much more definition and sculpted look, even though my arms will most likely never be stick thin as I am just not built that way, I like them much better sculpted than flopping around, lol!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
2007/10/12, 09:29 PM
Assuming that you're working on losing weight overall, you should know that for most people, weight comes off quickly in some areas and sluggishly in others and its different for different women. The first place I lose fat is in my arms, and the last is on my stomach, but some women lose weight off their breasts first, and to such a noticable degree that they don't like to lose weight. Other women will lose lower body weight first and lose arm fat last. I strongly disagree with the idea of low weight and high rep's. For one thing, you are going to spend a huge amount of time working out to (maybe, if you're lucky) get the same results that high weight, low rep's would give you. High weights won't make you bulky. You're not going to look like Arnold Schwartzinegger with a head transplant. It will, however, tighten up your bicep's, triceps, front and rear deltoids. And even if you don't lose any fat on top, tightening the muscle underneath will make a visible difference.

To make sexy arms, I like to do push-up's, lateral pulldown's, overhead dumbell press, and bench press/incline bench press. These exercises work out multiple arm muscle groups all at the same time, which maximizes the time you're investing in the exercise. Why work bi's and tri's separately when you can work them simultaneously? Pull-up's also work your arms, though they work arm muscles secondarily to your back muscles. If you can't do a pull-up (I know I struggle) pull-up machines are good, and lateral pull-down's are good too. The key is to not be afraid of heavy weights. Do some research on superset's.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
2007/10/12, 09:29 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.