Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

week before contest

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/04/22, 11:27 AM
I am training for a show, and am almost there. Want to compete at my peak of course. My question is, my current workout is basically one body part per day, M-F, with cardio all days. So on my LAST week before the show, which is a Saturday morning weigh in and evening show, how should I approach my training? None, strictly cardio, or weights too? I want to be in peak condition, am so very close now, do not want to blow it by messing up my last week. This is my first competition. E-mails welcome...bb1fit@aol.com
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/23, 02:03 AM
Stop training your legs around two weeks before. How's your body fat %? If you have the needed % then stop the cardio as well. Otherwise do some HIIT training but still stop the cardio at least Wednesday before the contest (when you start carb loading).

No heavy weights the last week but lots of posing (trust me it's a hard enough work out). Make sure of being able to keep each pose for at least one minute and work with trying to "push out" your muscle fibres as clear as possible (you got somebody to help you?).

When is the show?

I got a new comp the 5th of May so we are in the same boat (the diet sucks huh?!!! :o)

All my best luck to you!!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/04/23, 06:31 AM
Wednesday on...pose..pose...pose...ONLY.

--------------
Persistence and failure never stay in the same room......Leslie
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/28, 02:48 AM
NOW HOW DID IT GO???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....