Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Carbs on bulk? Also profile confusion!

curlykim
curlykim
United Kingdom
2007/09/29, 08:49 PM
I posted a few times a while ago now, since then I've sorted myself out a bit more and have got a proper routine in place etc etc and know more so my goals.

I want to fill out my profile so you guys know all that im doing so I can ask my niggly questions, rather than having to write big long winded ones etc.

However, everytime I try to revise my profile, I type in all the information, press go and it stays on the same screen. When I then try to view my profile, it says null?

Am I doing something wrong?

Now for my actual question!

I've got a 4 day split routine, and I'm planning on starting a bulk, but am confused about carbs. I don't want to lose weight at the moment, I want to gain weight, predominantly muscle. I was under the impression my calories should still be 45/35/20 PCF. But the general consensus in the fitbuddy results I've found is a higher carb ratio when on a bulk?

Am I correct in thinking I should up my carbs?

My routine/goals etc should be on my profile, so that would help!I have no idea why it wont work for me!

Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/09/30, 07:35 PM
not all carbs are created equal :p do a fibuddy search for bulk or bulking etc...lots of pots about this subject..

--------------
I am proof there isnt a *set point* :D
curlykim
curlykim
United Kingdom
2007/10/07, 12:42 PM
Thankyou! I did the search, and did some more research myself also. One of the most helpful posts was started by you, so thanks for that also!

I'm about a month in to my personal training course too, so have very experienced personal trainers as tutors also, who I've been bugging for help and info recently!

I feel very lucky to be receiving their knowledge for free!

I still can't work out my profile though, I'll keep trying, must be something I'm doing, or something on my system blocking it, everyone else seems to have worked it out fine!