Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

how much is too much?

yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2007/09/21, 01:00 PM
Yesterday afternoon I was doing an arm workout, and now the back of my left shoulder is more sore than usual. I know that in most cases you're supposed to work through soreness, but how do I know where to draw the line? Any advise would be appreciated!
digger43
digger43
United States
2007/11/08, 10:52 AM
From my experience if you start to feel sore from lifing and the pain is not going away then the best thing for you to do is to rest. Rest is very important to anyone who exercises. Your body is healing istself while it is resting. It is efficient to rest, overtraining can tend to break the muscle down and not build the muscle. If you give it the right amount of rest the next time you lift the muscle will be more efficent. You should rest long enough to where the next time you lift you will feel no pain and if you do feel pain then you will still need to rest. Don't stop lifting completly just don't do any lifts that will further injure that muscle or joint.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/11/08, 09:33 PM
Is it soreness or pain?

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2007/11/09, 09:36 AM
It was just soreness, so I decided to work my lower body the next day to give it a break, and it really seemed to help. I think I may have just overworked it in the past. Thanks for all your advice though!