Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Muscle Stiffness?

DAYNSH
DAYNSH
United States
2007/09/03, 03:49 PM
Okay, I have been on my excersize program for about 4 weeks, and have noticed major changes, but I have also noticed that in the mornings, I am really stiff. I don't think that it is from my workouts, as that is a different kind of sore. I didn't really have this problem before I started my workouts, Am I not drinking enough water? Do I need suppliments? Is this a common thing, and will it eventually work itself out? My hips and lower back are stiff and I am having problems sleeping because of it..Maybe my body is just rebelling at the changes I have made. I am not going to stop, but don't want to take anti-inflamitory medications for the rest of my life. Any thoughts out there?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/09/08, 06:54 PM
It wouldn't hurt for you to drink more water. Upping your magnesium intake would probably be helpful, especially if you drink a lot of milk. If it is a muscle tightness as opposed to joints, I'd recommend a ZMA supplement 60-90 minutes prior to bed.

As for inflammation, I'd recommend a loading dose of omega-3's. 20 grams of fish oil and 200 IU's of vitamin e for 3 weeks, and then a maintenance dose of 8-12 grams per day. This will not only help you towards your weight loss goals (fat will start to drop off you) but you'll feel better and won't have to worry about inflammation.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk