Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Where can I get Protein?!

misslesley
misslesley
United States
2007/08/06, 11:25 PM
I am a pescatarian (The only meat I eat is fish). Sure, I get salmon once in awhile, but I mainly buy tuna, fish sticks, and cottage cheese. These don't seem like the best choices... what can someone like me do to get protein?? I usually end up eating an extra slice of wheat bread here and there because my dinner hardly fills me up without bread. I am 5'4 and 120 pounds. I work out (about 4 days a week) and I run 3 or 4 miles about 4 or 5 days a week, but I cant get toned and I think its because of my poor diet...which is due to my complete lack of knowledge =( HELP anyone!
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/08/07, 09:14 AM
Do some searches on vegetarian diets on this site. Just type it into the bottom search box. Your diet is a little different but I'd imagine a lot of the same principles apply.

Youc could also look into getting a protein supplement powder if you are alright with that.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/07, 02:10 PM
I'm not a vegetarian and have never considered it before. But, I believe that there are several options out there, I'm thinking tofu, soy burgers(?), beans and lentils, nuts, etc. With some research I think you will find a lot of options. Good luck!
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/08/07, 04:59 PM
You can eat more fish if thats the only animal protein you consume, there are many tastey types out there that will seem like different sorts of meat with how different they are... Talapia, Cod, Salmon, and Snapper are my favorites. Also, a tuna steak is completely different than tuna from a can in terms of taste (in my opinion). And, like the previous poster said, nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc, just get them organic and raw, no salted stuff.